Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Virginia area - I live in Nth VA and I am looking for someone to trail ride with!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey! I used to live in Leesburg, Jonesy -- do you drive a green 109 with plates that read "67 109" ??? That vehicle was an inspiration when I was considering (read "begging my wife") a Land Rover.

I'm in Maryland now, about 45 minutes south of Annapolis. I don't have my Rover yet, but it should be ready in a few weeks (see the "Our Rovers" forum re: "Building a 109 on a 110 chassis").

Do you guys know any good places that list trails that are open to the public? I'm not wild about getting totally sideways or slogging through mud three feet deep, but I would like to find some logging trails or other reasonably tame places where I can get my tires dirty from time to time. I've not had too much luck digging around on the Internet so far. Any pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Chris Estes-

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah not me - I used to see that girl around too. She is gone now! :bawling:
I have a 95LWB with VA plates = "Gday M8E" 'cause of my Aussie heritage! :D

A note to all y'all on this thread - I would love to find some trails just like that:lol: so any ideas list 'em here! I am not in to getting bogged in 3' of mud either - takes too much cleaning! Maybe we should set up a camping trip in the wet spring months thought....hmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey y'all - dunno if you can make this....I am going to try and join it just for the fun of 4 wheelin' with some guys in West Virginia. Pretty close to get to this place too - Princeton, WV (SW cnr of WV). Thought you might like to get in!! See link below. PS I think you HAVE to be a member of the club too.

http://www.brlrc.org/Winter_trek.htm

·
Registered
39 Posts
Chris-
Southern MD should have some good places to go. I know that Laplata has some state land with powerline trails and logging roads. I also just go hooked up with a Jeep group that focuses on this area. Marylandjeepclub.org they are a bunch of jeepers, but dont mind a Discovery to pull them out when they get stuck. They tend to hit the deep mud and rocks a bit more that I like, but a good group all together.

If you find anything else on the "easir" side of wheeling, let me know. I too am very interested and maybe we wshould plan a MD meeting of local Land Rover Owners.... I smell a new thread coming on.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Jonesy said:
Hey y'all - dunno if you can make this....I am going to try and join it just for the fun of 4 wheelin' with some guys in West Virginia. Pretty close to get to this place too - Princeton, WV (SW cnr of WV). Thought you might like to get in!! See link below. PS I think you HAVE to be a member of the club too.

http://www.brlrc.org/Winter_trek.htm
I will be on this trip. BRLRC makes you join their club due to insurance reasons. Pretty good bunch of guys...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I can't make it - wife is outta town and my daughter has indoor soccer to attend!!! Looks like I am relegated to the power lines again! At least they are out my back door though - I am going to try and get my mate (H2 owner) to come out and put his truck through the mud - the only stuff he seems to mess with is shopping carts!!! Should be fun though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
He folks ! I'M still ROVERLESS till I sell my car BUT George Washington National Forest is where it's at mainly, try this and get the LEE and ? district maps and they have all the trails marked out for all types of travel and so on.
www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/lee It's map#'s 791 and 792. Call the Ranger office and just buy um over the phone and they'll arrive shortly. I live in the valley [ Middletown ] but stil have a wife to convince I won't eternally break **** but her times a comin' !!!! Also get a Delorme Map atlas/book for about $20 +/- with all the topo maps and it too shows decent detail and tons of trails, gotta be there first hand to see if there open or not but there still there ! PM me if you need more info. Hopefully I'll see a few of ya around soon ! Damn car needs to sell !!!! peace

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Obx

Hey guys.........I rent beach houses a couple of times each year in the outer banks just so I can play on the trails and beach with my truck.
The houses in Corova Beach are 10Miles from the nearest paved road. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT........oh by the way did I tell you how much I love it?
I'll post some pics if you like.

Oh, it is also a pisser watching dorks in lesser vehicles get dug in up to their necks before they realize "stomping on the gas isn't gonna save their ass"...lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
That is a nice area of beach...we'll be down there in September!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I live in Harrisonburg, in the heart of the George Washington National Forest, and there are a ton of really nice trails down here. I'm only two hours from NoVA, if anyone wants to check out some good trails down here, I'd be happy to play guide :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.