Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale $600

We got this rack not too long ago and used it for what we thought we'd use it for... A few trips to HomeDepot for some lumber and that was it... We sold our house and well... no more trips for lumber and no camping planned until our daughter is a bit older...

This is a great rack and the price is pretty reasonable. I prefer local pick-up. This thing is pretty big to ship, but if YOU make all the arrangements I will work with you on it.

here is the link to the company that makes it and a better description:
http://www.northwestparts.com/contractor_voyager.htm

Email with any questions????

Thanks!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, yes it is for a DII. It will work on a DI, but will hang over a bit.

And yes it is a great rack! I would keep it, but we may be selling the Disco and I'd thought I'd try to sell it rather than keep it with the truck. The rack has extra floor tubing so it was easier to strap things down. Their price is right on, I looked at SD racks and just couldn't justify spending that much... Great racks, but for my use not worth paying more for them. I talked with a guy that had a SD rack and he was more impressed with mine, he said he'd rather have the extra support when he has his tent set up on it...

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
I have seen this rack in person. It is really sweet, tough looking. If I didn't already have one, I would've bought this one up by now. But if someone wants to buy my Brownchurch rack for $600...... I'll buy this one. :D

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
ibjettin said:
price is right on, I looked at SD racks and just couldn't justify spending that much... Great racks, but for my use not worth paying more for them.

Im right there with ya. I was looking at SD racks because EE says "expect no alternative", though im sure thats bias considering they sell them. John and Lee are great guys (though I dont know them personally, I call enough for them to maybe remember "that kid from reno", I and follow the forums) but I just cant follow them on this one. There has been some posts about having problems with the powerdercoat, but the manager personally posted in a large thread about this and said that he would back up any problems with powdercoat and get it redone or whatever needed to happen. Though im looking at the voyager, I plan to get the ladder package and then add some goodies onto the voyager (im thinking more light tabs for a CB radio ant. and such, I was considering flooring but I can do that myself).

hell, if I wasnt flat broke I would sure as hell buy yours. Unfortunatly I just spent my last penny on brand new DBA preformance rotors and genuine pads because my old ones were fried (rotors fried, pads 5% :eek: ). I would ask you to save it, but unfortunatly I only work in the summer, and my whatever ca$h I get from the holidays+b-day is for a HD bar and hopefully a Huskey 10.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks RoverX - If I had known at the show that I was going to get rid of it I would have let you know for sure! I know you'd get good use out of it... I've got a couple interested through email. but if you are serious I will work out a deal with ya!
And no... I will not trade for any of your herd... :D

keptin - save you $$$ and go with a NWP rack, it's a great rack, I've had no chipping. I also have their ladder...Another great buy! It's a beast compared to the factory ones. Also, you have a bada$$ avatar :drink1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.