Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I could say I had fun doing this but it was just pure and simple stupidity. Around 7 last night I found a tow truck driver with some moxey and with his 100 foot of cable and my newly purchased 70 foot of tow strap and 30 foot of chain we got it out.
I know now my tires must be replaced. And my transfer case wouldn't go into low range. I was doing pretty good til I hit the giant rock (near the right front tire).

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Having Fun

So are you trying to tell us that this is not having fun???
I don't show this picture to just everybody , but I think it is fitting to make you feel better. I realize my truck isn't in this picture, but the ""4"" Jeeps that strapped them selves to give me a good anchor to winch from are and I still hear about it nearly 2 years later.
Mike J.

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I WISH all four were spinning! (gotta get lockers)
And I didn't have mudders on but they aren't exactly street tires either. They are ATs but they are BALD AT's.

·
Registered
146 Posts
First time I went down the Powerline track here in Oz with my mate that had been down there 40 or so times he blew a fuel pump and I ended up towing him home for the nexted 50Km

Adam :beer:

·
Registered
674 Posts
LOVE IT OKIE!

I did the EXACT same thing and had to call my buddy in his CHEVY TAHOE! to come pull me out - after listening to him laugh his balls off about my newly purchased "4x4" he pulled me out AFTER spraying copius amounts of mud all over me (an accident he said) and about 20 minutes of video footage!

I went out and bought better tires immediately! Fortunately no still pix anywhere.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Training your Rover?

No, your Rover Knows what to do. You, sir, do not. You have embarassed all Rovers by letting a P.O.S. Tahoe throw mud on you. If I ever see the guy, I'll slap his face with a muddy glove. Just to save your honor. Get with the OKRovers guys and let your Rover run in a pack. It'll show you a thing or three. Come to Hot Springs and do the Superlift park with me, and the Tahoe will never bother you again.

:drive:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts