Registered
146 Posts
I think its a series 2 but on steirods very cool :cool:

Adam :beer:

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Agreed a SII.
Very cool but do you think it can do any turns? Even with normal wheels my SIII cant do a tight turn.

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
well.

All I have to say is halfshafts!! :confused

·
Registered
96 Posts
vince80 said:
i wonder if it floats? just kiddin
Well the Icelandic have been known to run snowmobiles over lakes (NB water, not ice), so who knows ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
the top picture is a land rover used in alaska to work on the pipe lines. i read somewhere that the wheels and mod cost more than the brand new land rover at the time.
just my two sense
i know i am new and going through all the posts
but what a great forum this is

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
AWSOME!!!!! I love it!!!!:buttrock: :buttrock:

·
It's all about my Blue Balls!
2,109 Posts
wow! Those are some chunky tires!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I want the first one or the red one.
Those are mean looking machines. :buttrock:
I love those big, fat, chunky tires. :D
Melissa B.

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
a 12 pack says it does float.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
So am I the only one that saw those and thought "ABONIMATION"? :eek: Man if you want to ruin a truck with that kind of mod... get a Jeep. The top one, if it is primarily used on pipeline work in the artic I can sort of see the mods since they would be driving on muskeg... but these trucks are getting rarer and rarer and killing one with stuff like that.... I think it is just wrong, but once again it might just be me....

·
Registered
73 Posts
pickuprover said:
So am I the only one that saw those and thought "ABONIMATION"? :eek: Man if you want to ruin a truck with that kind of mod... get a Jeep. The top one, if it is primarily used on pipeline work in the artic I can sort of see the mods since they would be driving on muskeg... but these trucks are getting rarer and rarer and killing one with stuff like that.... I think it is just wrong, but once again it might just be me....

I catch your drift - but in a way they are made to be modified... that's why they came with so many addons from the factory....
what would a Rover be without the mods ?
But I do understand what you are saying..... to each his own...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
jaguiler said:
I catch your drift - but in a way they are made to be modified... that's why they came with so many addons from the factory....
what would a Rover be without the mods ?
But I do understand what you are saying..... to each his own...
Yeah, but the add ons that the series had at factory (or available through the dealer network) were cool, like pto welders, fire truck conversions, plows and furrows, snowblowers... I guess I am just a bit of a purist when it comes to the Series trucks. A Disco with some mods (as long as they are not rediculous) looks cool. But too many mods to me looks like a bloke trying to make his truck look capable to the uneducated masses.... and we all know that the Land Rover, even unmodified is a capable truck... I just fear the Jeep attitude of adding crap to a truck will permiate the Land Rover groups.... but once again, just me.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
QUOTE>Yeah, but the add ons that the series had at factory (or available through the dealer network) were cool...<

I don't recall where the picture of the series 2 with the "Terra tires" is from but I recall it was installed when new, by the dealer. As mentioned, I think it was as much of a cost as the base vehicle and was special purpose for use on the tundra. The same as the old photos of the huge tractor tires on the series 2 for forestry work, and the track attachments. Dealer mods.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts