Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just out rovin about
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thisis the first time I have posted here I hybrid because I had something to post!! It started life as a 1991 RRC great divide then slowly I got more and more tired of the body! I have been out ofwork for the last couple weeks and the bordom had finaly set in soI had to do something!!! Friday night I pulled the RRC into the barn and started ripping it down!! Hear it is tuesday night and allI have left todo is wire it up and drive it!! Sooooooo excited to drive this thing!

Don Trudeau's Photos - Series | Facebook

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cool, man you work fast!!! I plan on doing a 100 incher for my next project myself...any side photos? heres the one I was looking at for my ideas. Im not running tires that huge though...got a deal on a set of 37/13 boggers (really more like 35s). I am thinking I may not have to cut that much and i like the idea of not cutting the seat boxes out of the tub. Thanks Gordo

·
Registered
990 Posts
nice man!!!! now you need to do the rovertracks toy conversion to FILL OUT that COMP cut with REAL tires!! looks sick. is it your DD or a second car? i'dd DD the **** out of that. i like it better than the RRC pickup. the reaer door always bothered me on that thing. congrats!

·
Like's ROVER ride's ,agitating,pimping poodle's ,t
306 Posts
Great going!! ;)

·
Just out rovin about
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just updated the gallery with some side shots! Ihate wiring!! Ill fab all day and curse wiring all night long!!! But its part of the deal so I just have to man up and deal with it!!!

Its my DD!!! lol Ilike to drive my toys and its killing me toonly have my motorcycle while Im doing this!!

Yea I have been on the hunt for some 315/75/16's for awhile but im just to cheap!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
fix your comp cuts. they look like **** all wavy. i'd go 37s on that thing. looks like you have room. maybe 1" inch, but lower is always better.

seriously...use a straight edge next time you cut....

·
Registered
28 Posts
i was just thinking of doing this to my 93, i was thinking of leaving the rear doors but moving the back in for a small truck bed, sorta like a chevy avalanche, thanks for the ability to see what it will look like! you should post a build of exactly what you had to do

·
Just out rovin about
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Michaels LOL those wavy cuts are only the cuts to to get the meat off it lol. I hadnt folded it in yet for the fender lip. Its all straight now and has a fender lip like factory and has 3in flares on it now. It only has a 2in lift via suspension so all the weight is low and it should be very balanced. Since I moved the drive train back 10inchs. Lol Little side fact you can swap drive shafts front to rear!! Or use a series shaft in the back and the old back one in the front. The only thing i need to do is make new exhaust front the y to the headers. It hangs down below the frame now. Easy fix just not right now lol.

·
Registered
389 Posts
looking good. I appreciate the photos. Look forward to seeing it completed. HOpefully I will be able to start mine too soon, but I can promise you it wont happen nearly as fast as yours did...thats impressive how quick you built it.

·
1,800 Posts
That's a great project GD1!

·
Just out rovin about
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well drove it home last night!!!! Friggin cold WTF!!!! Next on the list is getting a heater in that thing!! But ran down the highway great! Drove smooth and all went wellsoo far!!I'll update some pics this afternoon but all and all it was well worth a week without sleep!! But dam did i tell you it was cold!!!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I like it, and wow you do work dam fast. Always interesting to see folks doing something a little more interesting than fitting a RTM spring lift and heavy bumpers. Well done.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I like it, and wow you do work dam fast. Always interesting to see folks doing something a little more interesting than fitting a RTM spring lift and heavy bumpers. Well done.
but it wasn't DESIGNED TO BE like this!!!! ;)

looks good. definitely an improvement over the rangie pickup. i dig it.

·
Reptile Expert
4,120 Posts
i've been watching your progress on your facebook gallery. the thing looks like a blast to build and is gonna be even more fun to DD

·
Just out rovin about
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Guys! Have couple hundred miles since the build....Friggin love it drives great and slowly getting everything worked out and working as I want it. Lol I have spent almost as much time doing body/door gaps as i did friggin building it lol!! but my door shut smmoth right onto the second catch and open easy!! Series guys know that is a hard thing to get lol! Next project is gona be a headliner that will hold 4 speakers a radio and cb. Buts its too cold out right now to put to much time into it lol!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts