Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my RR for a very short drive today. I haven't had it to the shop yet because I'm waiting for the parts to get here and I know that I probably shouldn't have driven it with the issues that it's having, but I couldn't help it. It died on me - of course - was hard to start again (and embarrasing sitting on a corner of our main street blocking traffic), but it did start and I got it home. Later on I went to move it and when I started it up the EFI light came on and didn't go off. I restarted it to see if it was some sort of glitch, and the EFI light came on again. So what does that mean? If the fuel pump wasn't working right, low pressure maybe, would the EFI light come on? I was planning on having the mechanic check the pressure when I take it in for the other stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
MAF, TPS, Thermistor or O2 sensors are the four things that typically cause the EFI light to go on in '89's (if my memory serves me correctly). Did you disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the computer? Try that first to see if it isn't simply the sensor itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.