Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Ive seen that...I really hate greenpeace for their crap. They lie to sway the stupid public. On the good hand, it takes greenpeace hippies to keep buildings out of our trail areas.....then again, they are also keeping us out too.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading that article, I can't wait for the next time they show up in my neighborhood to "raise funds" for their organization. I'm going to use their Toyota Prius, or whatever "hybrid" vehicle they drive onto my block, to test the articulation on my Disco by driving over it.

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
I'm not exactly a retarded left wing extremist, but I do agree with them. If you drive a truck and dont use it, you are an idiot. Besides, they're not against us. this is strait from their FAQs.
When is it acceptable to drive a Land Rover or SUV?

There are some instances when SUV's (or at least 4x4s) are probably indispensable. Many farmers need them for example. Greenpeace does not have a problem with 4x4's being used when there is a real need - but in most cases that means for heavy towing work and off road. You don't need an SUV because you've got 4 kids, because you have to take your garden waste to the tip, or because your partner is not a very good driver - all reasons often given for owning an SUV.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My 2 cents

I know that my Disco is an over kill here in Hawaii, but it is nice to go on the beach and not have to worry about the sand. I keep my truck in great shape. I drive over 300 miles a week and I get 16 MPG. As for gass guzzler. Many of the taxi cabs here only get 12 to 14 MPG. As for putting pollution in the air. Many public busses are the worst here in Hawaii. Also many families have two or more cars that are 7 years old and they are not as well maintained like my truck. I do not belive that I am not hurting the environment. I plan all my trips and I do not do Sunday drives like I use to do. So I think Greenpeace can kiss my but. If they want to help out the world. Let them go over seas and pass out condoms and help keep the world population down.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bene said:
I'm not exactly a retarded left wing extremist, but I do agree with them. If you drive a truck and dont use it, you are an idiot. Besides, they're not against us. this is strait from their FAQs.
You're kidding, right? That's a pretty asinine comment to make. That article is only meant for one thing and Josh said it best.

keptin said:
Ive seen that...I really hate greenpeace for their crap. They lie to sway the stupid public.
Mostly though, they announce distorted truths in attempts to sway the general public and law makers to achieve their goal. .

·
Registered
46 Posts
This sort of crap from the likes of Greenpeace drives me wild. I can't even bring myself to read the article as I know the sort of lies it contains.

What the Land Rover lobby needs to do is to challenge these non facts with actual data showing them up to be total morons. If they really want to make a stand against the worst polluters then they should look for them first and not just get on any old bandwagon because it is easy to target motorists.

Whether an individual chooses to drive a vehicle because it just happens to be 4x4 is immaterial and nothing to do with anyone else.

They could otherwise choose to drive a far bigger normal car or van. So what is the big deal?

Series Land Rovers are selectable 4x4, so on the road they are not 4x4 at all, but are 2 wheel drive. so what is the argument here then? Many other 4x4's are too, so again, where is the argument?

Again, by and large, 4x4's are smaller than large saloon cars and don't emit more pollutants either.

So there is no argument other than the things being 4x4. So do they want to ban Audi Quattros?

Apparently it would take 37 years for a Disco 3 to emit as much pollutant as one transatlantic flight. So why are they not having a go at cheap air travel?? Obviously there is more of a problem there!!

Another point is usage. There are a great many folks who do huge mileages in commuting for work. Why don't they live closer to work. It's their choice of course, and I am not arguing that they should, but it is no lesser point. Many have no choice but to commute because companies rationalise and close depots and centralise branches. Why don't greenpeace argue more for a "work to be brought to where people live" ethos, like the old days, rather than make people travel more and more. Our Government is telling us to use our cars less, but at the same time they are centralising their offices and making people travel!!

More facts like these ought to be brought together coherently and presented as a rival case before the idiots start winning over too many voters, as politicians who make rules will jump on any band wagon going if it means power for them. It is funny and dangerous how crackpot ideas can take hold. Take Nazism for example and what that sort of brainwashing left us with! It is dangerous to just let it grow unchallenged.

I am conscious that a lot of these arguments stem from the UK, and in London, apparently there are leaflet gangs going round for greenpeace. I have never seen any here in Cardiff, but certainly some people are being taken in by the crap.

One series Landy driver is reported to have had a conversation with one of these in which he put him right on a number of points including the fact that his Landy is basically 2 wheel drive, and is modular, so when parts go rusty they get replaced and recycled, so you don't have to chuck the whole thing away and buy another new heap of crap which is going to rust away again in 10 years, so that all the energy and raw materials wasted and all the pollution produced in making these heaps of modern crap has been saved twice or three times over in the life of a Landy. So there is no argument to change an old vehicle for a new one, which has created all that pollution and wasted loads of raw materials in its creation, and which will be both valueless and falling apart in 10 years anyway!

These empty arguments by greenpeace really should be seriously challenged, but who will do it? The one thing I admire the French for was when the greenpeace ship "rainbow warrior" got in the way, they just sunk it. Bravo!!

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I love one sided arguments......compairing a rover to a compact yota..What is that? Why did the writer choose LR? what about my 65 dodge? 5 MPG.... My rover is efficent compared.... Well this topic is BS...so there was my 2 cents!! :shifty:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Adam in NYC USA said:
They don't hate us. They hate Ford, who bought Land Rover. Funny that "they" don't even mention Ford's hybrid products.

It is just high school propaganda, posted for the rug rats. Let them walk and watch them whine.

Adam in NYC
Yeah, Ford has more hybrid than any other vehicle maker. Focus is coming and almost here, escape is here, merc version as well, fusion is coming and the merc version as well, and I think they plan to do a van and a pick up truck.

Tell greenpeace to go back to saving whales and chaining themselves to trees.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Greenpeace can SUCK MY SKID PLATES..........They hate everything and everyone.
I was walking past Penn Station in NYC a few weeks ago and greepeace had hot young stupid girls out front handing out info and hassling commuters, and with my Land Rover brothers and sisters in mind I proudly said "**** off you dumb ass tree hugging bitch". OK sooo maybe I over-reacted but it felt good..

·
Registered
187 Posts
lshill05 said:
and with my Land Rover brothers and sisters in mind I proudly said "**** off you dumb ass tree hugging bitch". OK sooo maybe I over-reacted but it felt good..

That's funny. Maybe they should start their greenpeace efforts elsewhere around the world that are worse about pollution. They could start in Iraq for all I care.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
lshill05 said:
I was walking past Penn Station in NYC a few weeks ago and greepeace had hot young stupid girls out front handing out info and hassling commuters, and with my Land Rover brothers and sisters in mind I proudly said "**** off you dumb ass tree hugging bitch". OK sooo maybe I over-reacted but it felt good..

Are you sure we're not related? You make me proud! :buttrock:

·
Registered
229 Posts
lshill05 said:

I'm with you, Those young girls are just Charles manson followers, They are
nieve no nothing wannabees.

If you want to see the hardcore Anti government/ Police/ Military/Business/
Tree hugging douchbags, Go down to the lower eastside near Tompkins square
park and surrounding area's , They don't give a F### about the environment
personal property, Human rights. They are only concerned about getting high,
F###### each other, Taking over abandoned buildings (Squatters) , Robbing
people,Etc...

If someone wants to buy a Ferrari and not drive it at the speed that it is
capable of i think that is there own business and nobody can tell them how
or where they can drive it.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
This country was founded on the principles of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. If it makes someone happy to park a huge SUV in their driveway even though they won't off-road it, then so what?
Greenpeace harbors communists- some of their top people are well known contributors to the Communist Party. They also live pretty well on the contributions of the anti-establishment counter culture kids. It's easy to be idealistic in college when you have no responsibilities and they dont realize that they really aren't rebels, they are lemmings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.