Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a dumb question but I need to replace the oring on the hose leading into the intake manifold. Its listed as RND354 part #. Wanted to know if its a generic size and if I can pick it up from the local parts store

Thanks,
Josh

· Registered
1,166 Posts
It's such a cheap part, I would go OE. Even if you could find the right size at the local hardware store, you run the risk of it being made of a different material or spec than the original. I've seen a lot of "hardware store" O-rings drying out and cracking within a very short period of time, depending on their usage.

· Registered
322 Posts
It's such a cheap part, I would go OE. Even if you could find the right size at the local hardware store, you run the risk of it being made of a different material or spec than the original. I've seen a lot of "hardware store" O-rings drying out and cracking within a very short period of time, depending on their usage.
I agree. Its a pain to have to make an order, pay 5 bucks in shipping for a 50 cent part, and then wait a week to get it. Been there, done that. But at least you know its the right part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.