Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around for 2 weeks with one single code p0150. Sunday the car really started running rough. I scanned and now got 6 codes....P0150 P0174 P1174 P0159 P0304 P0300. I returned home and did not drive the car at that point. I parked it and ordered O2 sensors. I just replaced the front 2 sensors. I cleared the codes after installing. Initially I only got one code....P0304. Minutes later I am now getting 4 codes.....P0150 P1129 P0300 P0304. I am stumped. Any insight?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
When you installed the new 02's did you make sure the connections were oil free?
How many miles on the engine, when was it last tuned along with new 8 mm silicone wires?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car now has 110,000 miles. At around 90,000 it had head gaskets, wires, plugs, etc. done at Land Rover dealership. I just drove it around the block and read the codes again. Now....P0304 P0300 P0130 pending P0135 pending P0155 pending P0150 pending P0304 pending. ~3 weeks ago the car was running perfectly....no codes. I drove it thru a very deep puddle and instantaneously the SERVICE ENGINE light began flashing. ~2 weeks of one single code P0150......now all this. I did replace both forward O2 sensors.......have yet to replace the rear ones.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Was the work done by the dealer within the last year, if so you are under warranty, if not PM me your number and I'll call you tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We were just coming out of winter last year.....so it was around March or so that the car went in for service. In June I gave it to my daughters for summer use while away from college. So it has been over a year now. I ordered 2 coil packs today because I do not think they have been changed. I am wondering if that plunge into that deep puddle that day which instantaneously triggered the SERVICE ENGINE light may have cracked my exhaust manifold....something I awakened thinking about today. That P0304 code......last night pulled #4 wire and plug. Plug looked normal......no oil residue, not fouled. My cell number is ***-***-****. Oh, I did notice oil externally on the engine.....I remember nothing was dripping after the head gaskets some 20,000 miles ago. I sure hope it isn't head gaskets again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered Magnacor wires from your source for both Discovery SUVs. Gentleman was very nice. Thank you for all your info!!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Let me know if you want some direction on installing the wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts