Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have a 2004 LR Disco II SE, 146,000 miles, been well serviced.

About three weeks ago I got a P0130 error on Bank 1 Sensor 1 System Lean. Bad O2 sensor from what I could tell, and decided if I was replacing one O2 I might as well do them all cause I could not see in the history the last time they were done. Ordered Bosch sensors and installed all 4 new sensors. Few days later I got the P0141 & P0161 Error codes (Open Circuit). I'm a little confused that both sensors could be bad? Any other ideas I should check on??

· Registered
225 Posts
O2 sensors seem to be one of those parts that are not manufactured well and can be faulty right out of the box. I have seen several threads where someone had to buy 2 or 3 sets of O2 sensors before finally achieving a working combination. Just a FYI but unfortunately I don't have anything else to add. Not a problem I have encountered, personally.

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Agree. I purchased new 02 sensors for my 99 DII. While they looked fine, they just did not work. Sent them back for a replacement and the second set of new ones worked fine. So it could be faulty but new sensors.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm going to try and replace the O2's on the rears and see if that fixes the problem. I did talk to one shop owner that said I should double check that none of the pins were bent or damaged in any way. I will check as I'm replacing and update if that had any fixes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.