Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife brought her 99 disco II home smelling like rotten eggs and sulfer. CAT problems...? However, I'm thinking one or all of the o2 sensors are faulty. Does anyone know how to test them? No "service engine light".., I think it is inop. Can the codes be pulled and cleared with a OBD 2 scan tool? It runs like ****, and smells like it too. (100,000 miles)
Any help would be appreciated.
dm

· Registered
321 Posts
yup, a odb 2 should be able to tell if there's a faulty O2 sensor as they can read the o2 sensor. what you want to look for is a nice sin curve on the pre cats. the post cats really should not have much of a bearace aon how she runs.
you might also want to see if you get a rattling sound from the cat. if it is, your cats is toast. don't mistake a lose heat shield to the rattling cat
take care
sam

· Registered
106 Posts
Lomo said:
Please explain what is CAT problems thankyou.
catalytic converter. Its after your exhaust manifold (headers) and before your rear muffler. Its what burns the unburnt gasses, etc... Sometimes they get clogged up or burnt out and dont work anymore resulting in really poor performance, baaad gas milage. Its like if someone put a straw in your mouth and thats how you had to breathe = not good. Ive heard of people drilling them out, but if it is your cat thats the problem, then getting a new one along with a new exhaust is a great way to go. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.