Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know Discos eat o2 sensors. Got a P1138 code. Downstream bank 1 (drivers side). I replaced it, reset code and drove. Light is back on about an hour later of mixed driving....same code comes back...now the reader shows the bank 1 upstream 02 is not cycling up and down. So i replaced that one too....ran into a problem...Where the heck is the connector??? It looks like it goes up into the interior somewhere. Before I start tearing apart the console, please tell me where the plug is! Thank alot!

Matt

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Look it here....

Open hood with bright light. Look on Left side (drivers side for North America) down on exhaust manifold , find sensor and cable, follow the cable. I had to go looking up and down underneath with a lift. Found it?

Adam :drive:

When you have a chance, did you check the voltages coming out from the o2 sensors with a digital multimeter? Maybe you got a gremlin giving you trouble. If you got a good codereader, you can see the bobble from the o2 sensors being readfrom the ECU. Got a sixpack of them gremlins here. All my sensors are DOA now and before only one was going bad.

I am thinking bad wiring or a messed up ECU here.

:beer:

Adam 1996 D1

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.