Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Have a '97 Disco I (4.0). I was wanting to change the O2 sensors, Where to get them (lowest price) since I've got to buy more than one. Don't want to splice but if the savings is significant I'm willing. Not having problems now but...

Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
AB is overpriced.

yeah.. if you go to AB to buy o2 sensors, then you should just take your rover to the dealership and buy them and then have them put them in.

go to RangeRovers.net and search around.

·
Registered
62 Posts
dont forget that you drive a rover and if you get o2 from dealer or atlantic british you should get a 1 year 12000 mile warranty on parts and/or labor

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Used Lucas O2 sensors on eBay....

I have been lucky with eBay. The ECU started complaining about the large Lucas MAF sensor which costs about $650 American. Bought it for $150. Installed it and the car is much more happier.

It does not have a warranty, if it goes bad tomorrow, there goes my $150. I took a chance and hope I can handle all the other problems down the road. But that avenue is available if you deem it so.

Good luck.

BTW, Why are you swapping out all the sensors if they are all working, I would think you would want to inspect them with a OBD-2 computer reader first.

If you are around a PepBoys, they are selling a cheap OBD-2 reader for about $100. Regular price is about 250.

Adam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input, your right its not giving me any problem and no engine light. I bought it with 90,000 and it now has 125,000 with no problems. I just keep hearing people talk about replacing them after so many miles...and I don't know the complete history of the maintenance, but it runs fine and I check everthing all the time like an aircraft. Anything else anyone thinks may need attension after that many miles?

thanks,
B.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Helopilot said:
Thanks for all the input, your right its not giving me any problem and no engine light. I bought it with 90,000 and it now has 125,000 with no problems. I just keep hearing people talk about replacing them after so many miles...and I don't know the complete history of the maintenance, but it runs fine and I check everthing all the time like an aircraft. Anything else anyone thinks may need attension after that many miles?

thanks,
B.
A watched pot never boils over.

I think you should purchase an OBD-II reader and when you have the check light illuminated then start working on the problem. Otherwise,Clean and inspect your engine, check out all the electrical connections are clean and enjoy your vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts