Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a 70cf 2700psi scuba tank for $50. Is there an easy way to make a regulator that will fill tires/ run air tools

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
I think you will find that that tank can not be filled with CO2, it is not certified to take liquid and no one will fill it.

·
Go Deep
312 Posts
How friendly are you with the nearest Fire Dept?
We have all kinds of adapters for those bottles- we fill rescue boats, air jacks, etc. I'm assuming you just want to have it filled with regular air.
Just make sure that the bottle testing is current.

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
Regular air will only give you enough for 1, maybe 2 33" tire. If you are using CO2, a liquid, you need a certified bottle, which as a 15# bottle will fill up 42 265 tires to 38 #'s.

·
Reptile Expert
4,120 Posts
i'm pretty sure disco mike is right. most places will not fill Scuba tanks with CO2. I looked into buying some small scuba tanks off some friends for that same idea and i ended up nixxing the project.

·
laments the death of industrial strength soup spor
1,382 Posts
"The US Government has declared carbon dioxide a 'toxic' gas that endangers public health in a judgement that analysts said would strengthen the Obama administration's negotiating position in Copenhagen."

Act on Copenhagen: 8 December - US ruling on CO2 as a toxic gas 'strengthens Obama's hand'

I'm trying to be careful not to exhale any more than absolutely necessary. :moon:
but without it the all the flora would sufficate resulting in no oxygen production. we would have a hell of a time trying to breath nitrogen. i don't understand:bawling:
:lol:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
but without it the all the flora would sufficate resulting in no oxygen production. we would have a hell of a time trying to breath nitrogen. i don't understand:bawling:
:lol:
It's really pretty simple...

liberal progressives = total control over every aspect of your life.

·
Underwater hockey is no dumber than any other spor
259 Posts
I use my SCUBA tank to top up my tires. I'm running stock so no giant knobbies or anything, and the tank lasts for months. I will end up using it to dive before I run it down. That being said, I'm sure you can do the math to figure out how much air a 72cu ft tank will yield in terms of tire inflation.

As for running tools, it will work, but not for very long. To make a tire inflator, look online for a cheap regulator 1st stage, then you can buy a BC inflator hose (they make long ones) and a tire inflator fitting which works just fine. I got mine at Leisurepro.com.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts