Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have gone to 3 auto part stores trying to get my codes read in my 2004 discovery se7. really none will not connect. are these trucks this particular. what do i do besides buy a scan tool. not really wanting to do that as i dont drive it that much. any hope

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Any scanner should be able to communicate with your ECU, you might have a damages connector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a check engine light. thus i am trying to get it read. dont know about the abs reader. but i am trying to access the reader near the footwell on the right hand side

·
Throwing Money at It
1995 Land Rover Discovery
72 Posts
i have a check engine light. thus i am trying to get it read. dont know about the abs reader. but i am trying to access the reader near the footwell on the right hand side
I had this issue after I bought my truck. What was happening to me was when I would plug the scanner in, it would push the connector back into the dash a bit. It felt like it was connected, but the scanner couldn't read. Reach up behind the panel with one hand, and hold the connector firmly while plugging in the scan tool. Hopefully you're having the same issue, and not a damaged connector!

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
Hi
Does the scan tool not power up? Or powers up and will not communicate. Not on my rover but have had many non communication issues on a variety of vehicles caused by a blown fuse. G.m. Is probably the most common that sticks in my mind because of a blown accessory fuse and no comunication

·
Registered
378 Posts
Check fuse 20 in the passenger compartment fuse box (under the steering wheel).

Then check pin 16 of the diagnostic socket, it should have battery voltage when the key is on.

Diagnostic connector pins 4 & 5 should be ground, verify there isn't excessive resistance in the circuit.

If you need more detailed instructions, just let me know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts