Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
I have a Dico TD5 from 2001 and try to connect Torque APP to car OBD, but the aplications cant access to ECU car.
Anyone have trie connect a OBD2 reader to D2 and have success?
Can you tell me the device i have buy?

·
very disco
1,768 Posts
I have used numerous readers on my D2s... autel, foxwell, nanocom, etc

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
Hello Guys,
I have a Dico TD5 from 2001 and try to connect Torque APP to car OBD, but the aplications cant access to ECU car.
Anyone have trie connect a OBD2 reader to D2 and have success?
Can you tell me the device i have buy?
The Td5 is not OBD2 compliant so forget about any generic reader, you need something with specific protocol for the Td5, if you want something wireless the only one i know is iLand app which is the american version of Lynx EVO, not very reliable IMO... you'll not find anyhing as cheap as generic OBD2 readers to work on Td5. The cheapest version of handheld scanner(not wireess) which is confirmed to work is Foxwell NT520 , it seems that there is cheaper version of it named Vident but i didnt see any review for Td5 of it... steer clear of iCarsoft cos it's full of sh*t

though if you want the best which covers everything wih complete programming power the only option is Nanocom Evo... that's the bee's knees.

·
very disco
1,768 Posts
Nanocom Evo... that's the bee's knees.
EVO is very expensive, but a wiseman once told me:

he who buys quality cries once
He who buys cheap cries often

Reactions: JUKE179r

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, tank you for the feedback. My question came from other site, where i see a guy saying he have connect this cheap OBDs to D2.
But he dont say the model.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
I'm sure it was a V8 cos that's OBD2 compliant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts