Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I've been having this issue for a bit now but just now actually realized what was going on. So randomly my horn would blow once when sing the lock button on the key. Most of the time though the vehicle is silent when doing this.

Now I realized that when the horn fires off once the doors are not locking. the alarm is setting but no door locks. If I keep trying it eventually I can get the doors to lock using the remote.

Anybody have any idea as to where to start.

· Joe Btfsplk
86 Posts
First place to check; are all of the doors fully closed? locking the doors with the fob does not make any sound in mine unless there is a door not fully closed or a switch has failed. Don't forget the hood, there is a switch there, too. If all the doors and the hood are fully closed and the problem continues, check your switches, maybe one is faulty.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that may be my issue but I haven't had a chance to diagnose it since it hasn't happened again. I did monitor my door switches using a diagnostic tool but wasn't looking for whether it showed open while the horn beeped. I just made sure they were cycling when the door opened and closed. It only showed the front two doors and the bonnet though. Nothing about the cargo door or the back doors. Don't know if they aren't monitored or if that's my diagnostic tool not reading them.

· Registered
172 Posts
I'm currently having the same issue. All the door sensors seem to be working. The lights come on when each door opens. The alarm will not set and none of the doors will lock with the remote and I have to do it manually from the inside and the drivers door. It only does it after I turn of the rover. After about an hour the remote will lock the door. Any suggestions?

Mike Russell

Age 21

2003 discovery se

Lover of Rovers

· Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Change the battery in the fob if you haven't yet and check the roof receiver's earth connection

· Premium Member
1,768 Posts
The receiver is in front of the rear sunroof, it used to cause intermittent locking/unlocking problems due bad earth or internal failure(the square bit with white label above the hand)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.