Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for a long post but i felt i had to share this with everyone and see what kind of (if any) other odd electrical issues people are having.

so for a while now ive had a random (and i do mean random) issue with my dome lights and rear fog lamps. sometimes if one is on so is the other. this isnt a super big concern to me because i never really use the rear fog lamps and the dome lights come on when you open the doors so thats not really that big a deal if they are both on at the same time.

this just started today while in the mcdonalds drive thru. im sitting there with my rover in park and then i stuck in drive to advance thru the line. i look down and my turn signal idicator light is on steady. not blinking. so i check to see if my switch is on. its not. so i move up in the line and stick it back in park. let my foot off the brake and the light goes out. huh? i pushed the brake pedal again and theres the light again. so i operate my turn signals. right works fine. so i push it left. no blinking. let my foot off the brake and it starts blinking. so i double check this by sticking my head out the window. and check it with my foot on the brake. yep. everytime i press the brake in my whole left side turn signals come on steady until i let off the brake. and if i have the left side signals on they dont blink until i let off the brake.

ugh. british engineering. finest in the world. haha :grin
but i guess thats what gives these cars personality.

so has anyone else had these kind of humoruos situations? and what did they do about them?

· Registered
6 Posts
So finally! After multiple attempts at trying to track this problem down I found it! and it was a real head scratcher let me tell you what. I checked fuses and swapped out MFU and fuse box. Dropped the headliner and looked for broken wires. Checked all my grounds. Everything. Finally gave up and hoped I didn't get a ticket. Couple days ago I had to replace my transmission cooler and I got to thinking about this problem again so I busted out the Haynes and looked at the wiring diagrams again and the only thing I could figure was a loose ground was possibly getting juice from the brake light or something. Well I checked my grounds again and they were fine just like before. BUT. I noticed this time that someone at one point had got behind the left side taillight panel and wired in a cheap trailer plug. And the connections on the trailer plug wires had somehow made contact. So i pulled that piece of junk out. And now we are golden!

· Premium Member
66 Posts
Chachee,

I had a similar issue once and it turned out to be a tail lamp bulb socket was turned a tad (and that is a metric tad) to far and it did the ol' on, but not flashing left side signal lamps...including the indicator on the dash....

Glad to see you found it...and welcome aboard. :grin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.