Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent 3 hours tonight reading all the archive posts and cannot find a problem like I have on my 91 Classic.

I am trying to get the high speed to work for the heat. I am getting speed 1 and 2 (for heat) but when I move the fan switch to high it is the same as 1 and 2 (and no high speed from the heater blower motor). If I move the left switch to A/C, I get the high speed (on the high setting from the fan switch).

Is this likely a switch problem?

I have read if the resister is bad, the high will work. Mine is the opposite.

Any help appreciated!

Richard

· Registered
638 Posts
id say the resistor is bad...and the air has its own blower motor...but who knows might be the switch,,,,,its a push.... spray some wd or something in it might be a dirty connection

· Registered
5,761 Posts
I have spent 3 hours tonight reading all the archive posts and cannot find a problem like I have on my 91 Classic.

I am trying to get the high speed to work for the heat. I am getting speed 1 and 2 (for heat) but when I move the fan switch to high it is the same as 1 and 2 (and no high speed from the heater blower motor). If I move the left switch to A/C, I get the high speed (on the high setting from the fan switch).

Is this likely a switch problem?

I have read if the resister is bad, the high will work. Mine is the opposite.

Any help appreciated!

Richard
Everything for the aircon and the heater is the same up to the motor. That is, there is a relay just before the fan motors that either directs the current to the heater fan or air-con fan. So the heater switch, resistors, etc are the same units for both systems. So if it is faulty for one it would be faulty for both. There must be an issue with the heater fan motor. Maybe you should check the earths as a bad earth to the heater fan would stop it from reaching full speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.