Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 2 YIN500051 headphones to go with my OEM Entertainment system for my 08' LR3. I did much searching, and it looked as if these were compatible. Land Rover's LR3 accessory guide even has them listed in it. I have the tv's in headrests, NOT to overhead/drop-down system.

Any wisdom on this topic would help great. I'm ready to sell these on Ebay but wanted to check and make sure I don't have a setting wrong on my system or something before I get rid of them.

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is it the factory DVD system? Where is the DVD player itself?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooops...and yes it's a factory installed system, all integrated and controlled by the front nav screen. It's the same screens that come on the Range Rovers (you can even see the little infared window/transmitter underneath the tv screens. Wondering what I'm missing here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone bought the headrest car dvd with headphones? I really want to buy two such headrest dvd sets. But still have no idea. I found the 7 inch Digital Car Headrest DVD Player with USB/SD/GAME/IR/FM transmitter at justcardvd. Is that OK to buy or not?

Detachable Headrest cover and tubes, easy installation
Touchable screen option.
Sony laser lens,Sunplus chip,mabuchi motor
Compatible with MP5
Silent bottom pressing

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ok, the factory install DVD was a rare option on the LR3, only reason I asked.

I have only seen a few of them, but I don't believe they have the transmitter for the headphones. The 'window' on each screen is an input for the remote. On the full size RR, there is a large transmitter for the headphones in the roof console. I do not believe the wireless headphones will work on the LR3, but I don't see the factory system in them often, and can't be 100% on that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Confirmation, I just read the rear seat entertainment manual a little closer and noticed in the location identification of the components that when it shows the IR transmitter and IR Headphones it says "Range Rover Only" in parenthesis after the description. So there you have it. Just a FYI. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts