Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JesusIsLord
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a trick to get a factory jack to lift? Just wondering, seems the one in my truck is shot. Is there a seal kit I could purchase or should I just try to find a replacement? :confused

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine leaked and was lifting only about an inch and luckily I was still able to replace it under warranty. For as little as that thing is, it's pretty damn good! Don't think you'll have luck getting any seal kits, but I see these jacks go on eBay for about $50 from time to time.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Hey dude, you can have :buttrock: mine if you pay for the shipping and buy me a beer :beer: for my time... let me check it this weekend to make sure it works tho!!
Send me a PM when you get back into town.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Other than a factory jack..........

9dawgs said:
Anyone know a trick to get a factory jack to lift? Just wondering, seems the one in my truck is shot. Is there a seal kit I could purchase or should I just try to find a replacement? :confused
Here in the states, the least expensive place for a replacement hydraulic jack is the big box Walmarts. They have from 2 ton to 14 ton for cheap prices. The only thing is finding that Y top so it cooperates better at the liftpoint. Some come in carryboxen so you can double as liftpoint in the mud.

If you are looking about, there are always one or two about on Ebay auctions or the eBay stores.

BTW, I was in one Walmart just a few days ago, and they had a 7 gallon air tank/price was 20 dollars. Just had bought one for $29. :bawling: Ouch.

·
Registered
291 Posts
hey,
I had a problem with mine, try putting it under a low spot where it touches when its all the way down, (you might have to angle it a little) and try it, it works with the pressure of a load, that took me a little while to figure out. :drink1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.