Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i took my rover to boulder co this weekend on switzerland trail. it was an easy trail, but ive only been wheelin twice, so it suits my ability. i need to go out more so i can do some more challenging trails, possibly with scsl :wave: unfortunately, the damn school year starts on monday, so i will be stuck with my face in the books.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Look good llesra!! I like the color.. to be honest I am mostly a trail/fire road man myself. The boulder crawling, panel bashing off roading does nothing for me.

·
4,576 Posts
Damn man, that's the EXACT EXACT height I want. But I want to do a full suspesion lift...I definately want 245 A/Ts though. I'm goin for the 2" Scorpion Racing lift...I HOPE it looks EXACTLY like yours when completed. Good lookin truck man....and dang, we both got lucky with that Hood Black out sale, but I haven't put mine on yet, not until I get El Capitan's skin fixed and repainted. :drink1:

·
4,576 Posts
By the way, if you're as picky as I am, the Hella 4000 Xenons would be right at home on your druck...the light would break through any form of dust over at your nedk ofthe woods, and the Red Rim around the ouside of the bezel would look GREAT!

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
01001010 said:
By the way, if you're as picky as I am, the Hella 4000 Xenons would be right at home on your druck...the light would break through any form of dust over at your nedk ofthe woods, and the Red Rim around the ouside of the bezel would look GREAT!
if i had $1300 to blow, i'd buy the xenons. i agree that the red rim would look great, but a regular black rim looks fine to me. its already paid for and its already damn bright!

Damn man, that's the EXACT EXACT height I want. But I want to do a full suspesion lift...I definately want 245 A/Ts though. I'm goin for the 2" Scorpion Racing lift...I HOPE it looks EXACTLY like yours when completed. Good lookin truck man....and dang, we both got lucky with that Hood Black out sale, but I haven't put mine on yet, not until I get El Capitan's skin fixed and repainted.
i was considering repainting the car, but if you follow the "detailing 101" forum, the paint should look like new. i washed, clayed, and waxed my disco and the results were amazing. :eek: try it before you repaint.

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Great looking truck and some nice pics. Thats the way to do it when you are just starting offroading. Like you said get a feel for your truck , learn how it reacts in different situations and gradually build up to the tougher trails and/or obstacles. Even if you have been offroading/driving for 20 years you will still learn something about your truck every time you get behind the wheel. Enjoy!

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Nice truck!!!!! Like the Black wheels on the red truck, looks as if this truck takes no Bul Sh1t.

If ever I go to the US i just got to get to Colorado !! Beutifull country. Like to do a spot of hunting there one day.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Sweet truck dude...but..um...yeah....something is wrong....can't put my finger on it....wait...I know.....you don't really need that front valance...makes for better front clearance.....trust me....I know stuff :D

But seriously, sweet truck

·
Registered
490 Posts
I like it. Looks very nice.

Looks kind of like what mine will look like when it is all grown up. I really like the black out on the hood. I thought about it but after seeing it in action on yours, I know I like it now.

Nice wheels BTW. I am running 238/85's with a two inch lift.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just have to say again... I like that black out on the hood. I thought over it a few times and never followed though with buying one. It really looks sharp with the black trim and sun roofs. Almost looks like it should have come that way from the factory.

My Rover is the same color and trim as yours... I can not wait till I get my black out on that hood.

Thanks for the pics.

BTW... is it very hard to put one on? I can screw up a simple window tint... I guess my real question is... is the process very forgiving?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.