Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is it some tough stuff? I don't have a trail beater rig ... I'm stock and not really looking for any trail damage just yet... And I only have all-terrains...
Like I said, I have no idea what it's like... it could be rutted trails , or hardcore rock crawl'n...

I've never seen pics of Windrock just heard a few horror stories... Some guys are going to Monteagle,TN this weekend I believe... That may be more up my ally, but Windrock sounds fun too.. Got any pics..?

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am running relatively stock also (ie: no lift, winch, bumpers etc.), and I am not planning on running anything I am not comfortable with. Your RR will go through some serious stuff the way it sits, even with all terrain tires! That's all I had with my RRC and my Disco(until recently) and they did much better than one would think. You should show up, it's a long drive for me shouldn't be too bad from Nashville. It should be great fun! If the built trucks want to run something crazy we will find some other trails. No "rattle rock" trail for me, no thanks my truck is my dd! Check out the Tenn. adventure rally links for pics or the Tenn. LR club, they have links with pics of Windrock. Show up, the more trucks, the more fun!!!

:drink1:
Blake

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think I'm in Badger1, sounds like it's gonna be a fun trip.
I think we're gonna have around 10 trucks going unless more show up.
I think mostly everyone's stay'n in the hotel.
I'd still be down for camping if we build a big fire, but I can tag along and stay at the hotel if that's the general direction..

Who all's going, anyone else interested?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Badger, looks like it just might be me and you representing LRO at this run..
There's 4-5 guys going from TnRovers, and there's about 12-15 trucks in the mix from Dweb... So there will be between 15-20 trucks there this weekend.
I'm fairly excited.. ready to get dirty!

·
Registered
165 Posts
You still gonna be there tomorrow Badger?

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for posting the pic threads! I've been following them on that other website though. :D Looks like you all had a blast and that there was plenty of mud for everyone to share!! :buttrock:

How'd your truck do? Awesome I'm sure! Thinking about getting some mud tires yet, LOL? My truck should be functional again sometime this week( I hope), and my wife and I are thinking about heading back out to RR Gorge, either New Years weekend or the weekend after. I'll let you know what's up.
DiscoJon already said he'd be in for the weekend after new years!

Glad to hear you had fun, sucks I couldn't be there!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Some guys with MT's said the mudders weren't that much different than all-terrains, everyone's tires were getting packed with mud, and lose'n some traction..

The truck performed awsome! It really impressed me.. There were a couple muddy hill climbs that I was spinning all 4 wheels to get up it, but the Rangie just kept going... I kept up with all the lifted discos... But the second day pics I missed out on, I didn't wheel the second day, so I missed that beautiful river crossing. Good thing, half of my seat cover would've been sucked up my ass attempting that one..

·
10,236 Posts
Nice shots..... Glad when a rhino is used...That's awsome :clap: :clap:

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
Man I wish I could do what you guys do, with the rugged terrain. Right now I'm in Ohio, and it's pretty flat. Same thing back home in Michigan. Cool beans! :buttrock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts