Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a V8 RRS. I took it out over the weekend to the beach and am impressed with its off-roading technology. Now I’m interested in some off-roading wheels and tires to get through muddy trails and the like. I want to get a set of off-road wheels and tires that I can switch out with my 21’ road ones when I want to take it out. I would like to get some suggestions. I also want to know if it’ll affect any tire sensors when doing this. Keep in mind I’m not an off-roading expert and am looking at doing this occasionally and casually.

·
very disco
1,852 Posts
If it’s occasional and casual, just about any AT/MT tire should do! More specific recommendations would be for mud bogging, rock crawling, etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it’s occasional and casual, just about any AT/MT tire should do! More specific recommendations would be for mud bogging, rock crawling, etc
I’d like to get something with a smaller diameter wheel and more tire so that I don’t scratch up my rims. Can the wheel diameter go smaller? Can I just go to a local tire dealer and do this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’d like to get something with a smaller diameter wheel and more tire so that I don’t scratch up my rims. Can the wheel diameter go smaller? Can I just go to a local tire dealer and do this?
A separate set of wheels/tires that I can just jack the vehicle up and switch out the wheel/tires myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A separate set of wheels/tires that I can just jack the vehicle up and switch out the wheel/tires myself.

·
very disco
1,852 Posts
I don’t know if you can go smaller than 19” and the tire choices stink in 19. You can get 255/60/19 in Goodyear wrangler.

if you can fit 18” over the brakes, you can find a whole lot of options. None of which you can’t swap out yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts