Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I believe I’ve officially addicted to Rovers. I was a Jeep guy for years, 4 years ago bought an 06 LR3 SE. and fell in love. Started wheeling, camping and meeting with Rover guys to learn how it works, and what it can do.
It’s been my daily driver so I’ve been reluctant to modify it too much, BFG’s, DIY roof rack and Johnson Rods (I use for trails only), It hangs with the moded guys pretty well.

Two weeks ago I officially realized I had an addiction when I bought a 96 Disco 1 SD, in rough condition, and I mean rough! It has a solid engine, tranny and straight rust free frame,

I realize now the LR3 is a gateway truck. Powerful and capable enough to take on very challenging trails, but nice enough to want to keep it from ruin. I needed a dirty girl to go wild with, and I think I found it in this 22 year old D1.

I will be furiously reading all the D1 build threads I can find. I have so far found Rover peeps to be the most generous and helpful people I’ve ever met, and I’m grateful to become part of this community.

Brentski

·
1,783 Posts
Welcome!
Dave

·
Super Moderator
1,986 Posts
Hey
welcome to the addiction- and the forum

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
You can daily drive a modded LR3 I sure do and smile the whole time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can daily drive a modded LR3 I sure do and smile the whole time.
You sure can. It's also a whole lot more expensive to repair and modify, for me its a budget thing. At SAE 2017, when Moose ripped apart his rear quarter panel on his RRC, we was just so nonchalant about it. Thats when I realized I could get a lot of bang for my buck with a ragged out D1, both in how much cheaper it is to mod and repair, or just let it have it's battles scars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts