Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so while replacing my ignition as well as my door lock "matching set "i noticed that the seals were broken on the instrument panel so i did a dumb thing and disconnected it and opened it now my odometer is flashing it still works but is sending the ive been touched signal .......whats the cure ?????

·
Joe Btfsplk
86 Posts
Swampy:
Sounds like you have de-synchronized your dash to the BCU. It is to stop folks from resetting the odometer, and you need to resync it.

A Nanocom can do it, under BCU menu. I think a Hawkeye could do it, too, but I am not sure.

There are 2 options - One takes the value stored in the Body Control Unit (BCU) and then replace the dash odo reading with that one. The other option does the opposite.

CAUTION - with the Nanocom there is no way to know which one of these values is the correct one AND the wording on the menu is very misleading !

I would always rather write from dash value to BCU - in other words, you sync the BCU with the ODO value you can see on the dash.

Once both values correspond the flashing stops.

Only when you buy a replacement dash, for instance, would you sync the stored value in the BCU to the dash in order to reflect the honest value of your vehicle. I can only assume the fiddling with the odo will fool the system into thinking you changed dashboards. Um, you weren't trying to knock a few miles off, were you?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope was not trying to roll back the miles lol just trying to figure out what the previous owner did to the dash at 148,000 miles the odo is irrelevant "exempt" on the title miles here in florida .....hmm i wonder if the 03's dash instruments would work in the 00? thanks for the info buddy!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.