Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mathias
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i got the truck serviced yesterday (99 Disco II, if it matters) and when i started it up this morning, oil started started spurting out EVERYWHERE.. all of it, and fast..

I popped the hood and saw that the Oil Cooler Hose was completely disconnected from the radiator.

I got a regular oil change as well as a transmission service, so my question is, do you think there is some reason why they would have disconnected that hose and just left it, or is this something unrelated to them that may just have happened on its own? I waned to raise hell with them when they open tomorrow, but not if this is something that they didn't do..

Thoughts?

Also, i put the hose back on, but i dont think i got it snapped in all the way.. there is no clamp on that hose is there?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Not sure how they would have figured out how to disconnect that. They can be a real PITA when you know what your doing. When re-connecting it, push it on until you can actually feel it connect. You'll know it when it happens. If you don't, well, you see what happens.
At the very least, they owe you another oil change, and tell them to keep their damn hands off the rest of the truck.
Learn how to do it yourself, then you won't have to rely on these chimps anymore.

·
Mathias
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's not that I don't know how. I do a lot of work on this myself, it's more of a time issue. Had to work and was overdue for service as it was.

What I can't figure out is why they would have disconnected this to begin with? Is there some reason they would have or is it just coincidence that this would have popped off on its own this morning?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yeah, it's not that I don't know how. I do a lot of work on this myself, it's more of a time issue. Had to work and was overdue for service as it was.

What I can't figure out is why they would have disconnected this to begin with? Is there some reason they would have or is it just coincidence that this would have popped off on its own this morning?
Not inconceivable, but highly unlikely that it popped off by itself if it were initially connected correctly. Like I said, unless you knew how these fittings worked, I would highly doubt they did it. Could be wrong though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.