Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at having some oil cooler lines made for my '95 RRC. I took the old ones off, one of which I had just replaced less than 1yr and 10k miles ago and are already leaking. The one that goes from the cooler to the filter adapter, the return line, has an odd end on it. It is capped and has two holes going through it with an o-ring at the end and one at the fitting.

My question is, has anyone had any luck with some aftermarket fabbed oil cooler lines and what, if anything did you do about this particular line.

Thanks,

--Kris

·
Registered
95 Posts
Kris, are you sure the new lines are leaking and not just at the connections ? Maybe they have come loose. Only 10K miles seems odd.

Also I recently replaced radiator on Chevy Tahoe. It had new o-rings. Make sure the old o-ring is removed or won't seal properly.

BTW, where did you get your replacements ?

G

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

The ends were not the culprits. The compression fittings where the hard line and the flexible line was where the leak was. I had the compression fittings removed an had some AN fittings with good hose and swivel fittings all put on the original hard lines. It definately looks impressive. The guy behind the counter was showing me how badly designed the stock lines were. Not to mention the low quality hose that the OEM parts are made with. Both engine oil cooler lines with new high temp o-rings out the door for $10 more then one new line would cost me.

FYI, I had all this work done locally to me at a hydraulic/hose shop.

--Kris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts