Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst working on it today I noticed that the fly lead on the oil cooler sensor is on tension and the black cable is not even connected. There is no lights on dash board to say any issues so any ideas how this is routed ? Why would the previous owner leave it in this way ?
Why would it end up in tension in the first place

Discovery 2 TD5 1999

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
That wire is part of the engine harness and it's the only one which has to go from one side to another, normally it doesnt have to be so tensioned maybe the main harness got loose from some fixing and moved due to the vibrations... as long as you can see the oil pressure warning when you turn ignition on it's OK cos the sensor is earthed through it's body.... try to gently pull the wire a bit

Reactions: Maverickfbuk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That wire is part of the engine harness and it's the only one which has to go from one side to another, normally it doesnt have to be so tensioned maybe the main harness got loose from some fixing and moved due to the vibrations... as long as you can see the oil pressure warning when you turn ignition on it's OK cos the sensor is earthed through it's body.... try to gently pull the wire a bit
Ok make sense, I will give it a go next weekend and see if I can tidy it up

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my land rover discovery 2 as shown in the above picture both wire already cut by previous owner. Is there any problem if its not connected? if it should be connected can anyone help me to which wire should be connected? please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whilst working on it today I noticed that the fly lead on the oil cooler sensor is on tension and the black cable is not even connected. There is no lights on dash board to say any issues so any ideas how this is routed ? Why would the previous owner leave it in this way ?
Why would it end up in tension in the first place

Discovery 2 TD5 1999

In my land rover discovery 2 both wire already broken. Im not able to identify which wire should be connected there. there is no light on dash board. Still my car have problem. when it running suddenly go off. It will not start again. After long cranking it will start. I have changed harness wire. Still there is problem of starting.

kindly help. Whether the oil cooler sensor cable broken thats why the problem occurring again and again?

Sweekar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.