Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was putting my winter oil in today on my 02 D2. Drain plug came out a little funny. When I went to replace it, I noticed a couple of threads came out of the drain-pan. I had to remove the washer to get it to tighten and I tightened about 80% of what I usually would. How immediate of an issue is this and what is easiest route to repair?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Pretty easy fix but important considering the issue. I got a magnetic drainreplacement but you can get a factory or erospare? I'm sure you can call around town, they're usually >$10 USD. Otherwise any of your online resources or ebay/Amazon. It's just a regular drain plug really.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty easy fix but important considering the issue. I got a magnetic drainreplacement but you can get a factory or erospare? I'm sure you can call around town, they're usually >$10 USD. Otherwise any of your online resources or ebay/Amazon. It's just a regular drain plug really.
The threads cane from the oil pan...actual drainplug is still good

·
Super Moderator
2,218 Posts
If it’s snug and not leaking you are probably okay for a little bit.
Oversized plugs are available but a proper repair will be re tapping or in my opinion a steel thread insert

·
Expert Crate Digger
288 Posts
Nvm...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts