Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one. .I rebuild the engine and I still have one esho. ...the oil light comes on the dash as soon as I start the truck wither the engine is warm or cold...the light gos away as soon as I step on the gas pedal .keep in mind that I can hear tiking when the light is on! !?? But one hard step on the gas it gos away. ...where is the problem. .? How can I fix it. ....

THANKS 2ALL

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
380 Posts
When you rebuilt the engine did you replace your oil pump gears? It sounds like your loosing your prime in the oil pump. Also, what oil are you running and are you in a cold climate ?

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
I would believe your mechanic, with out tearing it down he doesn't know anything for sure other the the pump is shot. Depending on a number of factors, you may get away with a pump kit and bearing inspection.
In the mean time, quit driving it till you can find an honest mechanic.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of all I'm in a hot dry wethr. ..second I did not replace my oil pump when rebuilding the engine I did everything except the oil pump. ...There is one suggestion that my uncle suggested sinc he have the experience with land rover discoverys maintenance. ..look at the picture underneath. .I sercled the parts that needs to be changed. ...he said that my pump is ok because the light terns of after stepping on the gas. .
Also the gasket (10) shown in the picture could be the reason for problem. ....

Is it possible? !?
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

· disco biscuit
1,062 Posts
That could be it. I would do the oil pump and that. That's a huge fumble in your rebuild plans. Fixing everything but a pump that has problems on some models...your fixina trash all your hard work by making a bad decision skimping out on the oil pump. That's absolutely absurd.

Inspect the timing cover the pump is housed in. I hear sometimes it needs replacing along with the pump. You screwed up not doing that and seems like your trying everything not to admit it. Test the oil pressure. Mike can spit out the numbers your looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.