Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have recently bought a 110 2.5 td, I had the vehicle checked when I bought it and all seemed in order, the breather hose isn't connected to the air intake etc, but I was told this is quite normal for an oldish td to "breathe" a little.
My main concern is that after driving for a while, if I stop at trafic lights or a junction the oil pressure light comes on when the engine revs return to an idle. If I apply just a little more throttle, then the oil pressure light goes off.

I was wondering how serious is this, and am I likley to kill the engine by driving it around, or is it a smaller problem. Being that it's the oil pressure light I would of thought it could be a bit more serious.

The oil level is normal and if the engine has been switched off for an hour or so the problem appears to reset, ie you need to drive around again for a while for the problem to show.

Any ideas, help with diagnosing the problem would be most helpful.

Alex

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
I Had The Exact Prob With A 2.5 D That I Had. It Is Normal At Low Rev's Or At Idle.same As The Alternator Light Going On In A Series When The Idle Speed Drops. Had The Injectors Gone Through And That Helped A Bit.the Timing Of The Engine Helped As Well. Not A Colosial Issue I Dont Think. Good Luck :)

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the reply s3 guy, nice to get a bit of extra reassurance, I've done an oil change and that appears to of improved the oil pressure warning for now, I've also since bought a manual and it's noted in there that this happens with engines with relativley high mileages.

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
alex-g3 said:
Many thanks for the reply s3 guy, nice to get a bit of extra reassurance, I've done an oil change and that appears to of improved the oil pressure warning for now, I've also since bought a manual and it's noted in there that this happens with engines with relativley high mileages.
Good point about the oil,I found that by using a oil that is heavier that this seems to help. Good luck with your Landy!!!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.