Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
very disco
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know, I just put the 275/65/18s on my D3, but…

I just found a set of FFRR 22s for $100!!!!
I am looking at some aggressive 285/50/22 tires

right now I’m 32.1” and 10.8” wide, which really seems to be the max the 3 will accept without further mods. The 22s with those tires will be 33.1” and 11.2” wide.

my wife drives this rig, and her idea of off-road is a gravel driveway…im going to keep the 18s for any real trips, but I feel like this would look cool as ****.

yes, I’m also well aware that I’m perverting the norm here, but that’s just how I roll. 20s on the D2, 22s on the D3.

anything less would be uncivilized

·
Registered
303 Posts
To each their own. I have 275/65R18s on mine but they are Coopers and their website states that they are 32.6" OD. I think for the tires above, it's the width that will kill ya.

·
very disco
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I suppose that 32.1” may well be the casing not the tread. Another 10mm is crux though, I already rub a wee bit at full lock. I’ll have to compare the offsets to see where I stand l, but the wheels are in the back of the truck as I type so fingers crossed.

·
very disco
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh snap. So the Atturo Trailblade XT is available in 275/45/22!!! I had those tires before (on my D2 and later on my RRS), and they performed well on-road and off-road.

they’ll actually size down an iota as well!

Here’s a nostalgia shot of my D2 (before it matured) with atturos:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think that 275/65R18s are typically 32.1" OD. My point was that the Coops run a little larger, not that there was a difference in measurement (casing to tread). I would think that such a thing would be standardized.

As for the Trailblades....maybe that's a good option for you.

·
very disco
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I think that’s where I’ll go. It’s not as much tire as I’d like, but I’m not trying to go too crazy modding the 3… 5” of tire should be fine for my wife’s endeavors

Reactions: HOUM_WA

·
very disco
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so… for anybody who may care, after doing a little research, I’m leaning toward 285/45/22. Here’s a comparison to my 275/65/18:

with the change in offset (super minor <1cm) the tire will be .25” closer to the frame and .5” further out of the wheel well.

thinking about having the wheels powder coated first though, which may seriously impact the timeline

1 - 7 of 7 Posts