Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was down at the National Rally in Moab last month. First time on the famous "slick rock" and I had a blast. I was amazed to see how many geared up LR3's there were on the trails.

Ended up a tail gunner on the poison spider trail with a group of LR3's and a RRS. They all did really well considering the 6,000lb curb weight + 1,500 of stuff bolted to them. Lots of very careful spotting saw them through most obstacles some of them quite difficult. After each vehicle crept through there was much high fiving, congratulating drivers on a job well done and taking of pictures. The general consensus being modern Land Rovers are the cats meow.

I think a raised a few eyebrows however when my trail worn battered old Rangie just drove up and over everything I pointed it at with no fuss, no spotting and in about 1/4 of the time it took the new units.

They did have much better AC than me and i had my ign switch give me problems mid trail. Altogether it was fun to watch the new units with nice folks along for the day. Wish I had gone down to Moab long ago.

Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
photobucket.com/user/alberta_land_rover_enthusiast/media/ALRE%202014%20MOAB/120a.jpg.html]
[/URL]

The Mighty Range Rover on "Top of the World" trail.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The Alberta Land Rover Enthusiasts (ALRE) Hamming it up for the obligatory group photo.

I will post up some more pictures when I have some more time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.