Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's FL didn't come with front fog lights so I'm installing aftermarket Hella Micro DE's. It does come standard with rear fog lights. Does any know if I can use one switch (the one that's already on the binnacle for the rear fog lights) for both front and rear. The front ones will have their own harness and relays so the only thing they would have in common would be the switch. I figure I would need both on at the same time should the need arise, so it makes more sense IMHO to have one switch for both, if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
110 Posts
You certainly could use the one switch but do your road laws allow them to be on the one switch. I am in Aust and the front and rear fog lights have to be able to be switched independently. I think this is the case in most countries.

I fitted driving lights to the front of my FL at the weekend and I bought the genuine FL front fog lamp switch to operate them - it was $50aud so about $38US. It fits in the binnacle in the spare slot just above the rear fog lamp switch. The switch is illuminated and has its own little green indicator light to show when the lights are on.

However - to answer your specific question the answer is yes it is possible to run front and rear fog lamps from the one switch.

Cheers

Garry

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I know exactly what you mean about the OEM switch. Unfortunately since the wife's FL was used in the last G4 Challenge, that space was utilized for the roof rack lights and winch switch. This is the reason why I would rather combine it with the rear fog light already on the binnacle for both front and rear. I'm not aware of any traffic laws (at least in my state) that prohibit both from turned on from a single switch. What I probably will end up doing is discretely install the switch for the front, but at the same time tap it to the rear fog light harness. This way I can leave the front fog switch on but will eventually depend on the rear fog switch. If need be, I can then switch off the front indenpendent of the rear ones (but not vice versa). Thanks again for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.