Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2011 LR4 last year with 23K miles. Well, yesterday, as we were leaving the hospital in a torrential rain, my wife came back to tell me the Rover was dead. Sure enough a full no crank, no start. Called LR Road Service and got a jump and the alternator showed good charge. Went home, a 45 min. ride, let set and then later checked water level and put on tender. Next morning with full charge indicated, still dead. Checked on line for the nearest available battery and then had to go to 3 different parts stores before finding correct $230 battery. Installed and all is well again. Happy anniversary LR4. No other problems ever, now with 44K miles. Note: all new replacement batteries are only guaranteed 3 yrs.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
By the way, if you buy your battery from interstate directly, you can trade it in within 3 years from the date showed on the battery and get a prorated amount for your old battery. (I believe 3 years and roughly 90 dollars towards a new one)

·
1,855 Posts
there is a mercedes high drain battery that is supposed to the best for these beasts.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.