Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.....Lots of plans for this forum to come, by our
new admin.....'Army'......aka:'Busy Guy Eating Food
But Not Wheeling At Events".......'BGEFBNWAE'....

So, I'm going to push issue's to make sure he doesn't
get laid at night, but rather re-birth this forum....1/2
the reason I'm here and am now looking like an ass
asking others to be here........Hey Thanks!!!!!

Sooo......Lets make this a BAD ASS FORUM, lets share
thoughts......
Personally, I see a lot of out dated crap......Archive it
BIG TIME into subcategory archives...the sooner the better!

NEW TITLES..........Offer your interest!

I for one.......................Build Thread.......
My Number 2...............Wrench Garage.......
(details/photos/video of simple fixes,tools,welding techniques, etc)
My number 3.............F'ing off, trying something new for fun....could be anything!

Share your thoughts, motivate Army to make this the
best LR/RR forum out there!

CHIME IN!!!!!!!!! and thank you!!!!!!!

With your input, this is a WIN, WIN for us all!

Without it.......just another dated web page.............(yawn)......

New life to an old forum.......YOU DECIDE TO HELP OUR NEW ADMIN TO DECIDE!!!!
Buckle Up!!

·
Wounded Knee Moderator
1,904 Posts
I like fishing...... bud, there's hardly anyone here..... your gonna get two opinions you already know.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ya........But lets get this F'ing tug into gear ASAP!

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one! If your
goona rock the boat, lets rock the boat. If not, we can
grab 3 deck hands and do it ourselves.........If this is a
'yawn' predetermined, I have a ton of other things I'd rather spend my free minutes on....
Giddy the F up!! Yawn is not an option!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Army.......Your really going to throw the hammer down,
focus on the site, make changes, out date the out dated,
nail it a hole hell of a lot sooner than later.....to nail this
place for change..........DELETE THIS, before the next 'down
hill' video commercial is produced by LR with a car wash clean
LR is represented at the end......and some loser rubbing it's
front fender........

LETS ROLL!

·
Wounded Knee Moderator
1,904 Posts
LOL!!!!! Your too much.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
I have a email ready with changes we want to see.

Removing:

Most Popular discussions
-Car Wash
-Accessories
-Show it off These 3 to have their threads rolled into General Land Rover Discussion

-Series
-hybrid
-lightweight/Forward control all rolled into one forum "Classic Rovers"

-Regional Discussions rolled into to Off Road

Add

- Build threads
- Garage Tech adding to what you said with kitting out the garage, building the workshop kind of thing.

Keep running around a food/beer/music section something along the line but not sure exactly

Also would like to see the iTrader rating thing turned on that is on other forums. So we can let others know how buyers and sellers are handling themselves.

·
Super Moderator
2,155 Posts
I have tried a few other similar forums but am always drawn back to landroversonly
I like the layout and active topics is easy to follow without too much clutter.
I would love to see more build threads and sharing of projects as opposed to pissing matches that just go round and round.

I would also like to see something like "what did you do with your Landrover today" sections on other sites.

I'm mainly a disco guy and most of my Land Rover experience is d2 although I am getting planning on building a series 1 (1957 88") I know ther is not a lot of series traffic on here but it is what it is

Just my 2 bits ��

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
We can add the what did you do today in a thread in each section or by adding one to the general rover section.

I don't know though the pissing matches are slightly entertaining. :D

·
Wounded Knee Moderator
1,904 Posts
I have tried a few other similar forums but am always drawn back to landroversonly.
Red, your not trying hard enough........ People actually post often on other forums, it's amazing! Hopefully we can pull something off here, sorta like this;

What's Going On?
Currently Active Users: 1441 (47 members and 1394 guests)
View Who's Online
Most users ever online was 1,496, Today at 10:16 PM.
ihscouts*, abran, amybc96, Anson Cone, ArmyRover, Atticus_6147, buyer, Bom2oo2, Cambo, chockster, Chrisw7562, chubbs878, Clay Stanley, cmb6s, ColoLR, disco203lr, dparham, DrDash, dunevu, fishEH, Friday Night Disco, golgafrinch, huggi, IB Leyva, Jsivey, Jstdoit95, JUKE179r, KingKoopa, Luckyjayb, Misti M McGinnis-Caputo, MrValingo, number9, OverRover, PalmettoDisco, Rangeroversport08, RA_rocket, reboot, RedRovin', rjlsierra, robertf, shanechevelle, Snafu / Disco Fries, Squid4life, thensley723, wichipong, xisled, zoltan7

And not this;

What's Going On?
Currently Active Users: 637 (9 members and 628 guests)
Who's Online
Most users ever online was 2,521, 09-22-2013 at 02:46 PM.
ihscouts*, ArmyRover+, Clay Stanley, Danik, David Sullivan, MaddieRover, Normalear, redtruck12, tyl604

·
Wounded Knee Moderator
1,904 Posts
I don't know though the pissing matches are slightly entertaining. :D
You know if we added a Section for it nobody would use it.......

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Oh there is no doubt on that

·
VW Dieselgate beneficiary
85 Posts
OK, new to the forum, looking for a replacement for my soon-to-be-bought-back Touareg TDI, and I've spent a lot of time on other forums that are laid out better and more useful to the community. I'll provide some good/bad examples, go check them out.

1. Why do we need this forum? Because the big daddy RangeRovers-dot-net forum doesn't allow discussion of Land Rover models. They are also suffering from an overzealous modmin who shuts down any "fun" discussion and has no sense of humor. There's a lot of information there, but it's not organized well either - it's not very "deep". Once you get into a particular model/generation, it's just a jumble of posts that's impossible to search. Haven't been a member there long but it's not looking super useful.

2. Jeepforum.com - decent example. Appropriately low-brow clientele (you must be able to tolerate people who don't use punctuation, capitalization, and/or use all caps from time to time), but well-monitored in that discussion that goes a little beyond the immediate topic is tolerated. It's organized well also. Have poked around there for a few months while considering a Jeep Grand Cherokee, until I decided I didn't want my service advisor to spend more time with my vehicle than I do. My first clue was when I noticed that Jeep has a social media team who engages directly on the forum, and it appears their main job is to pinky-twist dealers on behalf of disgruntled forum members.

3. I may be biased here because I've spent years on it as an owner, but ClubTouareg is great. VW vehicles have an aftermarket and enthusiast base at least as robust (probably quite a bit more robust, actually, in terms of sheer numbers) as Land Rovers, and a ton of DIY'ers. They have separate sections for classifieds, technical info that people have collected over the years (no discussion, just posted info and questions about specific items), they have model-year and engine-specific sections, and they have some "open discussion" areas.

TDIClub and VWVortex are also quite well laid out and have many members, but they also have an army of mods to help keep things in line.

I will be choosing between a 2017 Range Rover Sport SE Td6 and a 2017 Discovery HSE Td6, so this forum and those like it are relevant to my interests.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Diesel.....You have 'no' idea what goes on behind some forums.....Jeepforum has cut'
me out soooooooooooo many times over the years, He blows.....won't get into it.

Man up, want to rock this space......Let's f'ing roll!!!
Make it different, make it roll, draw interest........Revamp the bitch, I'll add more
through pm's..

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
I'll give this another day or two then we will roll with what we have come up with so far.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BLAZE THE TRAIL BUD!
Plans sound good........If you like the pissing matches.........Put up
a 'Everybody Has One' section.......asshates & opinions......

As well as general garage tech, perhaps consider 'Tips & Tricks Photo Expo'.....
folks could post photo's/video of how to from welding/fabrication/specialty
tools/homemade tools/ basic code reading/electrical fixes/etc........
it would take a while to build up, but once
in place it could be a killer section with long life...

Even after what's been mentioned, I could see more go
by bye for sure, but hey.....looking forward to the new beginning!

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
I'll send up the list tomorrow after lunch, been a long few days with 16 hour duty days

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll send up the list tomorrow after lunch, been a long few days with 16 hour duty days
Well ya.......Need to make up for all those days off
driving all around the country, goofing off! :sheep:

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Lol well the email is up, you will probably know when I do if they go with the ideas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts