Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Forward!
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I guess fate has decided for me what I am going to buy next with the cash I have been saving with my second job! This post might become a little long winded so bear with me as I am a little pissed! Woke up this beautiful Sunday morning knowing that I was going to have plenty of time on my hands, as my wife was going to have to work all day. So I decided that I would do what I usually do with my spare time and head 10min. down the road to the local trails that I always go to. Now mind you these are trails on public land and they are LEGAL, I have talked to the local law enforcement to make sure. Anyway as I drop down off of the road and drive down to the river there is a couple walking around, as I drive slowly by them I received an angry stare from them both. Alittle odd but oh well, drive on. I cross the river, drive up the far bank and follow the river up stream for about 1.5miles and cross the river to an island. On the tip of this island there is a nice rocky point that I like to just hang out, relax, listen/watch the wildlife, and smoke the occasional cigar. The trail to the point is no big deal, except for the whoosh I heard from my tire when the sidewall was torn open! Apparently someone had dragged a few pieces of sharp metal and layed them across the trail, then covered them with leaves so I didn't see them at all......DOH!!!!! That sucked! I guess some of the locals who are using the area just don't like having any rigs sharing the LEGAL trails with them! Oh well just wanted to vent. :mad:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
want to know how a highschooler would handle that? dig a pit and cover it with sticks and leaves! put spikes and tigers at the bottom. or, better yet, have them fall through something sticky and a bunch of wool, then put roverx at the bottom of the pit!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
That blows.............
May need to do a little recon and hike in and move all the crap, watch for who ever comes back to check on it, and snap a nice little photo of them, ask them what the hell they are thinking doing that on a legal public trail...and present them with your bill, or maybe they would prefer to have a judge present it to them?

They would probably just be shot in Texas for that............ :complain:
 

· MG
Joined
·
714 Posts
I feel your pain! That really sucks!

If you have the time, I would recomend DallasRover's suggestion; Garland's RoverX and wool sounds pretty justified, too. After a good recon, have you and 100 of your closests friends go wheeling there, get really drunk and obnoxious (no driving, of course) and monopolise the site for months. Give them war!

In any case, you should let local law enforcement know, just in case someone is ever caught...
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
10,167 Posts
That sucks..That is the kind of crap that get trails taken away all together...Sorry to hear that man
 

· Forward!
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! :wave: I just don't understand what goes through peoples minds. Now I don't know if it was done just as a bad joke or if some tree hugger was getting back at those big gas guzzling earth wreckers... SUV's, but that is not the way to get ones opinion across! I am into the environment don't get me wrong but Greenpeace, the Sierra club(not saying anyone in these groups did this) and other such groups need to realise that land use issues can't be one sided! Having the opinion of, no one can use this piece of land unless they are just going to backpack, fish, hunt, or just look at it from the outside and say wow that's pretty but we can't use it in any way because it will ruin it forever is just not being realistic! :complain: Whenever I see a fisherman I'll pick somewhere else to drive, I don't just go bombing down the river toward him. If people are out hiking on a trail I'll give them a wide berth and drive by very slowy as to not stir up much dust.... you know what I mean. Do you think I liked winter camping in the upper penninsula of Michigan and listening to the snowmobilers haul ass through the woods with their loud two stroke motors? NO! But public land is for everyone to use responsibly no matter what sport they are into!
Sorry for ranting.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Badger1 said:
Thanks everyone! :wave: I just don't understand what goes through peoples minds. Now I don't know if it was done just as a bad joke or if some tree hugger was getting back at those big gas guzzling earth wreckers... SUV's, but that is not the way to get ones opinion across! I am into the environment don't get me wrong but Greenpeace, the Sierra club(not saying anyone in these groups did this) and other such groups need to realise that land use issues can't be one sided! Having the opinion of, no one can use this piece of land unless they are just going to backpack, fish, hunt, or just look at it from the outside and say wow that's pretty but we can't use it in any way because it will ruin it forever is just not being realistic! :complain: Whenever I see a fisherman I'll pick somewhere else to drive, I don't just go bombing down the river toward him. If people are out hiking on a trail I'll give them a wide berth and drive by very slowy as to not stir up much dust.... you know what I mean. Do you think I liked winter camping in the upper penninsula of Michigan and listening to the snowmobilers haul ass through the woods with their loud two stroke motors? NO! But public land is for everyone to use responsibly no matter what sport they are into!
Sorry for ranting.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
environmentalists get rather extreme. my dad was in the timber business and told me once that environmentalists used to put metal spikes in trees so when a logger took a chainsaw to it, it would kill him. when the logging crews used metal detectors to find the spikes, the environmentalists used ceramic spikes.
 

· Forward!
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
garland823 said:
environmentalists get rather extreme. my dad was in the timber business and told me once that environmentalists used to put metal spikes in trees so when a logger took a chainsaw to it, it would kill him. when the logging crews used metal detectors to find the spikes, the environmentalists used ceramic spikes.
That's F'd up!!! A tree is more important than a human life....wow! It's just black and white to these people.
 

· Polish and proud of it.
Joined
·
631 Posts
Badger1 said:
That's F'd up!!! A tree is more important than a human life....wow! It's just black and white to these people.
Word .

All that **** that those tree hugers makes my blod boil . But Look at this also . Do you think that they ride bikes to work or on vacation . No . So they are such hipocrits . Also they should not eat anything , casue they are killing plants and animals to feed them self .

I totaly don't get those people . They are all for protecting wild life etc..
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
743 Posts
That sux bro.

Here's what I would buy, one of those camera's that deer/bear hunters use to log activity at their posts. They use a small motion detector and snap a pic whenever someone or something goes by. Might be a good item to have when you take those little bastards to court for endangering life and property.
 

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
Joined
·
3,433 Posts
That sucks!!! They pull the same **** here in G.B. In yorkshire they have put metal spikes on the trails and in Mud puddles to destroy the tyres of trucks but don't take into concideration that Horses use thte same by-ways. two horses have been put down to getting terrible infections from walking on sabutures spikes!!! When I lived in washington state during the spotted owl issue the trees were spiked with metal pegs as well like someone mentioned earlier. Sick man,just plain sick! :mad:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top