Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
welcome to the forum honybears :clap:

open up the hood and look in front of the airbox (big black box on the right). the bottle jack should be there.

the wrench and jack handle are under the rear passenger seats. to lift the seats, there should be a black button near the seat belt. hold down the button, flip the seat down and lift it up. should be in a black bag with the roof rails.

·
MG
771 Posts
Welcome to LRO!

Ilesra's advice should lead you succesfully to your tools - may I suggest you get rid of the factory issue tire iron and replace it with a Stanley socket (27) and and flex handle ratchet.

Cheers,

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
me.guevara said:
Welcome to LRO!

Ilesra's advice should lead you succesfully to your tools - may I suggest you get rid of the factory issue tire iron and replace it with a Stanley socket (27) and and flex handle ratchet.

Cheers,
1-1/8" socket

·
Registered
720 Posts
Good to have you aboard Honybears. Me guevara's suggestion is important - we found it impossible to get the wheel/lugnuts off with the factory tire iron. Also, check to see if there are antitheft locking lugnuts on your vehicle and if so make sure you have the special tool to lossen them. BTW, the original owner's manual has the radio code and other useful info in it - try to get that original manual.

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
roverX said:
1-1/8" socket
Thought it was 1 1/16 or 27 mm was the correct size

·
MG
771 Posts
27 mm (1 1/16") is the size that is specified in the manuals, but 28 (1 1/8") will do just as well so long as its a hexagonal socket (vs. the star sockets - then the 28 will slip and seize on your lug nut). I use the 28 mm because my lug nuts have been abused so much by various mechs that the 27 mm is too close a fit and I spend too much time just trying to fit it over the nut.

·
Registered
388 Posts
onslow said:
Thought it was 1 1/16 or 27 mm was the correct size
You're right, it is 1 1/16......But if you have alloy wheels with those crappy lug nuts sometimes the 1 1/16 is too tight.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Ahhh, nothing like the jack location on a Disco. Especially after an hour or so of hill climbing when even the center console is starting to heat up,,, as stated above it's RIGHT,,,NEXT TO,,,the ENGINE.(?) (Were those LR engineers drinking when they made that decision?? :D )

·
MG
771 Posts
I also suspect that this could be the cause for some jack failures (I've replaced it twice already). Though the hydraulic fluid is impervious to tempreature (at least the level it sees in that location), I suspect that some of the seals in the jack aren't designed for that kind of use.

Any one else have this problem? (My issue may be with the shitty jacks available here, rather the environment that they're subjected to)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.