Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a 95 disco and recently had it overheat and spill out the overflow tank. I towed it home and am trying to get this thing up and running again. I filled it back up with coolant and let it idle up to operating temp and I've noticed the lines to the heater core aren't getting warm at all.

The side of the radiator near the vent plug gets hot but the other side is cold. Upper radiator hose is cold and the lower hose is warm but it doesn't feel like the water pump is pushing too much fluid... I have a new water pump coming but am wondering what else to check before it gets here.

Could it be air in the system? I've bled it already to where its solid fluid that comes out but still it feels like there is nothing in the heater core hoses.

Next recommended steps??? Thanks!!!

· Registered
217 Posts
Has thermostat been replaced? Get Coolant overflow tank up higher and purge the air out. Have you checked with light hose pressure that the heater core lets water thru it? While changing w/p make sure thermostat has the air hole at noon and when refilling get front of vehicle up so coolant tank is the highest. I have bled coolant hoses at firewall by just inserting hose tool with some success.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.