Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ive being trying to use my 109 deasal for work a lot more its a 110 mile round trip .some time ago i replace the temp sender becos it did not seem to go up since then it gos up a bit too far ive got a kenlow type fan which when swicthed on the temp was just befor the red but no water loss all seemed ok util it lost a blade and started shakeing the motor to death so i refitted the old blade metal water pump standard fan temp still gos just b4 the red and up hill gos a bit higher but no steam or water loss any idears?? :dunno:

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
sounds like the thermostat has failed stick a new one in

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
First thing I would do if an electric guage is telling you there is a potential problem, is check the temp with a probe thermometer to be certain it's actually as hot as the guage says. A bad voltage stabilizer will make your guage read high, if your guage is getting more than 10.5 volts.

Assuming there is a high temp problem, get your rad flushed, block flushed, and for heaven's sake, put a new thermostat in. Diesels need a proper, regulated operating temp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.