Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few weeks ago, I noticed overheating on my Lr3 jeep, .waterpump and thermostat were removed and replaced with new ones. It all went normal for 3days before the overheating problems started allover again the 4thday.
Anytime the vehicle is on motion ,the temperature is always at the middle but after long engine running, the gauge would rise to red. I noticed low coolant on the dashboard and no mixing of engine oil with water. Please what's the way out ?
Fatex.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Few weeks ago, I noticed overheating on my Lr3 jeep, .waterpump and thermostat were removed and replaced with new ones. It all went normal for 3days before the overheating problems started allover again the 4thday.
Anytime the vehicle is on motion ,the temperature is always at the middle but after long engine running, the gauge would rise to red. I noticed low coolant on the dashboard and no mixing of engine oil with water. Please what's the way out ?
Fatex.
Yeah Its not a jeep...but look for leaks, radiator, head gaskets(look up from underneath) once you rule out leaks from hoses etc. then know the head gasket is blown or the block is cracked. And since you dont know anything about the vehicle, look for a real Land rover mechanic or you may be paying money for things you don't need and repairs that dont work..Good luck

·
very disco
1,181 Posts
The OP sports a Nigerian flag, and in my experience, over there the word “Jeep” and “SUV” are synonymous, much like you might call a puffs brand tissue a “Kleenex” even though it’s not. I knew an African that called every vacuum a “hoover” which was especially strange since Hoover isn’t even a common brand these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts