Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO ALL. JUST GOT BACK FROM THE EMISSION STATION. HERE IN CHICAGO, AND I FAILED.THE CURRENT FAULT CODES SHOWED,P0734,P0733,P0171,P0174.I OWN A 2001 D2 SE7 WITH 70,000 MILES. HOW HARD WOULD IT BE TO CHANGE THE SENSORS MYSELF.

ANY AND ALL INFORMATION IS HELPFUL.

ROB. :beer:

· Registered
161 Posts
Changing O2 sensors is a joke. Just let engine and exhaust cool, climb under, uncip the sensor from its wiring and remove with the proper size box wrench. Install is reverse. I suggest picking up the hanes manual for your vehicle. :)

Good luck.

Kieran

· Registered
1 Posts
changing oxygen sensors

Okay, sounds like changing them is easy. My question is whether anything more is required for the codes in the OBD2 to reset? I too failed DEQ because of this and dont want to go over there again, wait in line, and fail again because I didn't know to push a button or something.:bgreen:
BTW - I have a '96 Disco I.

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
hey bud get it diagnosed first.

they aint hard but diagnosis saves you in the long run.

And to be perfectly honest this is the most funniest threads I have ever read.

The diagnosis is so far off it isnt funny. who told him it was it. All he had to do is take it to a dealer and they would have recommended the MAF sensor.

the 0733 and 0734 code give it away. Ha thats a real riot. He probably put in bargain basement sensors, didnt reset adaptions and got really pissed off.
I bet if he had taken it to a dealer it would have taken all of one minute to diag, two minutes to get the part, three minutes to install and another thirty seconds to reset adaptions. all with a hand held T4.

I bet he got really pissed off.

· Registered
99 Posts
Go to Autozone and they will run the codes for free. Then find out if it reads before cats or after cats (catlytic converters), then replace depending on if before or after will determine the price. You can also pick up and an oxygen sensor socket 9.00 bucks, because if its in the right place you will need this to get it off. I also suggest, just like above make sure all is cool and spray the sensor threads with WD - 40 or Break Free (wall world by gun section) and let it soak at least 30 minutes because the sensors can be tough to get off. I changed my sensors on my Acura. I hope all of this helps..:cool:

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
beezel said:
hey bud get it diagnosed first.

they aint hard but diagnosis saves you in the long run.

And to be perfectly honest this is the most funniest threads I have ever read.

The diagnosis is so far off it isnt funny. who told him it was it. All he had to do is take it to a dealer and they would have recommended the MAF sensor.

the 0733 and 0734 code give it away. Ha thats a real riot. He probably put in bargain basement sensors, didnt reset adaptions and got really pissed off.
I bet if he had taken it to a dealer it would have taken all of one minute to diag, two minutes to get the part, three minutes to install and another thirty seconds to reset adaptions. all with a hand held T4.

I bet he got really pissed off.
nope not pissed at all,was at the dealer after i left this post and got everthing taken care of.:eek: cost me a few bucks but got it done.

thanx for your timely response,you could have saved me some bucks:clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.