Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace one of my oxygen sensors this weekend and I need to know which side of the engine is the Bank one side. That is the one that gave the fault when I had it checked at Auto zone. I am guessing it is the drivers side but I am not sure. I know that it is the one before the catalytic converter. Anyone attempted this? Looks pretty straight forward I hope I don't run into any trouble.

·
Registered
206 Posts
regarding fixing your O2 sensor

Hi again..did you get it done? how was the work? i m doing the same this week i did change the 2 sensor post-cat and one passenger side pre-cat. Very rusty, i used a small torch to heat the nut welded on the exhaust used a good sensor box a little wd40 and was not to hard came off . Did you used anti-size formula? white with tefflon or other stuff?

·
rover has taken over...
18 Posts
scotth said:
I am going to replace one of my oxygen sensors this weekend and I need to know which side of the engine is the Bank one side. That is the one that gave the fault when I had it checked at Auto zone. I am guessing it is the drivers side but I am not sure. I know that it is the one before the catalytic converter. Anyone attempted this? Looks pretty straight forward I hope I don't run into any trouble.
Just a question.
How can we tell that the sensor is depleted , apart from checking it the emission reading ?
Any idea..
or is it on schedular replacemement item..?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.