Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HELPPP!!! P-codes/ misfire code

yes i have codes popping up. they are P1412 P1415. Along with those codes i have a P0304 for the misfire in cylinder 4. look over some things ppl have wrote and i am totally lost where to start. plugs? wires? 02 sensor? head gasket? need help

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
As far as the P1412 and p1415 codes are concerned, they are part of the SAI system. Check to make sure you have no vacuum leaks anywhere in the system. Follow the vacuum lines all the way from the pump, through the valves to the solenoid. It's easy for a connection to come undone and trip a code(s).

P0304 means a misfire at the fourth cylinder. Check the condition of the spark plug and wire to that cylinder. It may be time to replace the plugs and wires. If that doesn't help you'll need to start digging a little deeper to find out why you're getting a misfire code on that particular cylinder.

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your input on these issues. I will start with looking at the plugs and then going to wires. I am going to replace wires no matter what. so might as well do the plugs too. The SAI I will look for a thing out of the blue and see if I have a disconnect or leak somewhere. is there an easier way to check for a leak in the SAI system? I have seen that my reservoir above the pump has a hose that is not connected all the way. I will address that issue ASAP, then go from there if that makes sense to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.