Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MIL is on in the LR3, and this is the code. I can clear it and it comes back after a couple of drives. What is the likely cause for the V8 LR3? I have the Hawkeye tool and by viewing the live EMS data it seems the MAF is putting out smooth readings, and the O2 sensors all match each other in output. (i.e. upstream bank 1 matches upstream bank 2 and the same for the downstream sensors.) What is up? Car seem to be running fine, fuel economy seems slightly lower than it should be.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem, that it was the poor gas quality. I just add once every other time a octane booster bottle onto the tank and keep delete the code it will go away a soon those O.S get clean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The MIL is on in the LR3, and this is the code. I can clear it and it comes back after a couple of drives. What is the likely cause for the V8 LR3? I have the Hawkeye tool and by viewing the live EMS data it seems the MAF is putting out smooth readings, and the O2 sensors all match each other in output. (i.e. upstream bank 1 matches upstream bank 2 and the same for the downstream sensors.) What is up? Car seem to be running fine, fuel economy seems slightly lower than it should be.

Thanks
roverlenOntario
I had the same problem on my 2006 LR3 V6. The code indicates lean fuel at O2 sensors but is attributed to a vacuum leak. Mine was at the back of the Vacuum Brake booster. Try blowing smoke into vacuum system on engine off and look for exit points. Or spraying a bit of propane near the suspected leak to see if engine speed changes while running the engine. Present mileage is 165000Km's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts