Discussion Starter #1
04 D2.

Misfire 1 and 5.

Any pro tips on starting diagnosis?

Thanks. Appreciate you, as always.

·
Expert Crate Digger
169 Posts
Check your spark plug wires and boots. I had two boots crack and cause misfires. Also the spark plugs.
This!
you can swap plug wires with 2 & 6 to verify the misfire.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotcha on the wires & plugs.

The oddity is: i cleared the codes the other day when i first posted this and they still haven’t come back and it’s been driven regularly.

Theory: gas cap is often (in the az heat) hard for the mrs. to get on completely (which i tightened down,too, when i posted this the other day) and routinely throws the gas cap evap code.

Could the misfire codes and gas cap evap be related?

·
Expert Crate Digger
169 Posts
With these Land Rovers, anything is possible.

·
Registered
570 Posts
In my experience, that evap code is sometimes partnered with the misfire codes. Of which a scatterbomb replacing of correct O2 sensors, wires and plugs magically fixed those and other codes.

Usual suspects are wires and spark plugs however I had misfires associated with O2...these Discos

Also cannot rule out a coil pack that split.

Buttttt, not trying to be silly here, is your Frau throwing in the right gas? I had a similar misfire issue when I was messing around with lower octane gas (my other disco handled it no problem, this disco however is another story)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the code still hasn’t come back yet.
We’ll see...

And
Yes Fraulein is putting in the right gas - it’s a valid/good question to double check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts