Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any bright ideas out there? I have a RR sport 2010 model that is intermittently showing a gear fault warning light on the dash when I engage the gear into drive etc.. If I drive off with this on the vehicle is restricted. If I put it back into park whilst still on I cant then move the gear lever as it jams. Sometime if I turn it off and on again it works.

When I run a basic diagnostic tool over it it comes up with a P015 error - Gear Shift Circuit - range performance problem. If I clear the warning via the app on my phone everything is clear and the car works perfectly until next time.

We have - changed the battery and alternator and the gearshift selector and reviewed and checked transmission operation

Is there anyone else out there had this problem? I have been advised it maybe require a new gear box . The lads working on it are pros but before I launch some serious lucre be interesting to hear if anyone else out there have struck this.

cheers Leo

·
very disco
2,983 Posts
Definitely rule out the brake pedal switch before throwing big bucks at it. If the switch is failing and giving <12v that can screw with the electronics

1 - 3 of 3 Posts