Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have repeated codes of P1174 and (sometimes pending P1174 trouble codes) and the engine is running a little rough on my 01 D2 with 100k.

Have done an induction cleaning, new plugs and wires.

Any suggestions??? Any help is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Rich run exceeded max limits, do you have any other codes? I would check for vacuum and exhaust leaks to start.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
So now both banks are running rich, what have you checked so far, how long since the last tune up including 8 mm plug wires? Have you checked for both vacuum and exhaust leaks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
you may also have an air flow meter problem. that was pretty common back in the day. if you can check for transmission for faults, check to see if ya have a 3rd or 4th gear fault. than it has a bad air flow meter. you can also try and get air flow meter cleaner and try that as well. just a thought.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys, thanks for the reply. I replaced plugs and wires to the 8mm ones you recommended Mike last month.

I do have p1174 and p1171 together, (but for a while it was mostly p1174).

Trying to fix this, I cleaned out the PCV system and the MAF last week. In the process of cleaning the PCV, I broke a plastic fitting and Jimmy-Rigged it while I replaced it with a brass fitting. However, this was not airtight on the passenger side PCV hose and subsequently caused me to get pending P0300, p0303, p0305 and p0307.

My UG still says that all of these codes are pending. How long will the UG say these codes are pending past receiving the signal of the misfire? Or will it only say they are pending if it JUST received the codes? So in other words, if it says they are pending, does that mean they are still currently problems and my fix three days ago didn't clear the misfire codes?

I am smoke testing for vacuum leaks this weekend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got done doing the smoke test for vacuum leaks. I only had a pack of american spirits I confiscated off a couple of my students, not the cigar like the write up asked for, so I think my smoke was a little less dense.

When I did it,m I didn't see the smoke come out of any obvious spot on the top of the engine. No hoses, fittings or visible leaks. I saw the smoke emerge from somehwere under the intake manifold and float up between the plenum and the downpipes of the IM.

Where could my vacuum leak be? Injector rings? VC gaskets...? I do have oil leaking from them currently.

It did seem like this was a substantial leak. More than just a tiny fissure in some hose. I could barely keep any amount of pressure in my system.

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am having the same P1171 and P1174 codes. I am trying to figure out what is causing it as well. I had a vacuum leak from the vacuum port directly under the brake servo line. Check to make sure there is a cap on that. I fixed mine but still have the codes but I am positive I have exhaust leaks underneath as well. Sea foam in the intake manifold will make a thick smoke so you can check for leaks as well. If you do figure it out could you please post what your fix was.
Thanks,
-Heather

1 - 8 of 8 Posts