Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, anyone ever worked on the rear screen wiper?? Mine has come loose, & is hanging down,I can't see how to re-tighten it, not much room to see/work under the top skirt. c'mon, tell me how to do it!!

· Registered
96 Posts
Not sure how much help this is, but the vehicle manual has some rather odd description for how to change the wiper blade.

Basically you have to turn on the back wiper (ignition on, wiper stalk pulled back, etc), then cut the ignition switch when the wiper is half-way down the tailgate (ie close to vertical).

At this point it's possible to lift the wiper away from the glass and do any work necessary.

Obvious design, really... ;)

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the swift reply, but I got it wrong, its not the wiper, but the arm, sorted now, found that if the arm was pushed up under the 'skirt', the plastic nut-cover could be slid back to reveal the spline-nut, this was then tightened, all is well again!!

· Registered
490 Posts
It is also a good idea to take the whole assy. out, take the motor and gears apart, and lubricate! On my car, it was extremely slow and finally stopped. Really pretty easy to take the whole thing out and do. Its important that it works right because it comes on in reverse automatically when front wipes are on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.